Booking a Room
The Room Request page is organized into various sections to
facilitate the reservation process - a "When and Where" pane (the
left pane of the window) and two tabs - a "Location" tab and a
You enter the information to search for available rooms in the
When and Where pane and you view the results of the search on the
Location tab. You enter information for the event on the Details
tab. Required fields are marked with a red asterisk (*).
For a complete overview of this function with screenshots, check
out this Booking a Room
Quick Guide. You can download this manual onto your computer
for easy access.
- Under Reservations, click a reservation option. The Room
Request page opens.
- In the When and Where (left) pane of the page, enter your date
and time criteria.
- Optionally, on the Facilities dropdown list, select a building.
If needed, click the Search icon to open a Buildings pop-up
from which you can select multiple buildings.
- In the Setup Type Information section, enter your attendance
and setup type if known.
- The Availability Filters sections provide options for filtering
your room results by Room Type such asa conference room or a
computer lab. Under the Features menu, you can select
technology components that are room specific, such as Fully
Mediated Space or Moveable Tables.
- Click Find Space.
- A list of rooms that meet the search criteria and that are
available for the indicated reservation time are displayed on the
List sub-tab (in a list view) and on the Grid sub-tab (in a grid
- A room that you can "reserve" is automatically booked for the
event and no additional approval from CSE is required. A room
you can "request" requires approval from CSE.
- Optionally, click the name of the room (location) in either the
list view of the grid view to open the Location Details pop-up,
which displays details and images for the building in which the
room is found, and various room details including images, setup
types/capacities, and features.
- To select a room click the Add icon next to the room in either
the List or Grid view. The selected location is displayed at the
top of the Location tab.
- Open the Details tab.
- Enter the information for the event.
- Click Submit Reservation.