Booking a Room with the Plan a Meeting Module
The optional Plan a Meeting (PAM) module integrates VEMS
application with Microsoft Exchange. Using PAM you can find
available room and add attendees for a meeting. Moreover,
invitations are automatically sent to the attendees when you submit
the reservation in VEMS. The Room Request page is organized
into various section to facilitate the reservation process - a When
and Where pane (the left pane of the window) and two tabs - a
Location tab and a Details tab.
You enter the information to search for available rooms and
attendees in the When and Where pane and you view the results of
the search on the Location tab. You enter information for the
event on the Details tab. Required fields are marked with a
red asterisk (*).
For a complete overview of this function with screenshots, check
out this Booking a
Room with the Plan a Meeting Module Quick Guide. You can
download this manual onto your computer for easy access.
To submit a request for space - booking a room:
- Under Reservations, click a reservation option. The Room
Request page opens.
- In the When and Where (left) pane of the page, enter your date
and time criteria.
- Optionally, on the Facilities dropdown list, select a building.
If needed, click the Search icon to open a Buildings popup
from which you can select multiple buildings.
- In the Setup Type Information section, enter your attendance
and setup type if known.
- The Availability Filters sections provide options for filtering
your room results by Room Type such as a conference room or a
computer lab. Under the Features menu, you can select
technology components that are room specific, such as Fully
Mediated Space or Moveable Tables.
- Click Find Space.
- A list of rooms that meet the search criteria and that are
available for the indicated reservation time are displayed on the
List sub-tab (in a list view) and on the Grid sub-tab (in a grid
- A room that you can "reserve" is automatically booked for the
event and no additional approval from CSE is required. A room
you can "request" requires approval from CSE.
- Optionally, click the name of the room (location) in either the
list view of the grid view to open the Location Details popup,
which displays details and images for the building in which the
room is found, and various room details including images, setup
types/capacities, and features.
- In the Find Attendee field, enter a search string, and then
click the Search icon. All the users and distribution
groups in the global address list and personal contact list with
names that meet the search criteria are displayed on the Location
tab. At the top of the tab, the real-time free/busy schedules
for all the attendees (including yours) are displayed.
- Click the Add icon next to each attendee that is to be invited
to the meeting.
- Click Find Space. A combination of the invited attendees'
free/busy schedule (as pulled directly from the attendees' Outlook
calendar) and room information that meets the room search criteria
- To select a room click the Add icon next to the room in either
the List or Grid view. The selected location is displayed at the
top of the Location tab. When you book a recurring meeting
using PAM, a specific room might not be available for all the dates
requested. These dates are displayed at the top of the Location tab
in an "Unavailable" status. You can find an available room
for these dates after you submit your reservation.
- Open the Details tab.
- Enter the information for the event.
- Click Submit Reservation.
- The appointment is added to your personal calendar and meeting
invitations are automatically sent to the meeting attendees. The
appoint form contains two embedded links (one for the organizer and
one for an attendee). Your reservation can be edited in
- From this point forward, you must make all booking changes
in VEMS. If you modify or cancel a meeting that was originally
created using the PAM feature within VEMS from your Outlook
calendar, the meeting will not be reflected correctly in