Butler University's exclusive food service provider is ARAMARK
Catering. All food service arrangements, including dining hall
usage and all catering must be made through ARAMARK.
The Conferences & Special Events Office will provide ARAMARK
with preliminary information regarding food service needs.
Thereafter, it is the responsibility of the conference/camp
coordinator to communicate with ARAMARK more specific details
regarding food service needs. This includes, but is not limited to,
meals that are provided in the dining room, meals that are catered,
snack breaks that are needed, and any changes in food service
All correspondence and contact should be made with Ed
Campbell, ARAMARK Summer Camp & Conference Manager.
Please plan to contact him by April 1 so specific
details about the conference or camp needs may be addressed.
|Ed Campbell, ARAMARK Summer Camp &
Atherton Union Dining Room Summer Hours and Rates
|Dining Room Summer Hours of
|Monday to Friday
||7:30 - 9 a.m.
||11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
||5 - 6:30 p.m.
|Saturday & Sunday
||8 -9 a.m.
||11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
||5 - 6 p.m.
|2012 Dining Room Summer Camps and
||Full Day Rate
||Partial Day Rates
|# of Participants
||All (3) Meals
|Up to 50
|301 and above
Additional Food Service Information
- Ed Campbell will be your contact for all food service concerns
in The Atherton Union Dining Room (Atherton Market Place).
- Stephanie Haggard, ARAMARK Catering Director, will handle any
catering needs or those food service concerns outside of the dining
- If you require catered events only, please contact Ed Campbell
first, and he will direct you to the Catering Department.
- At the time of booking ARAMARK requires the phone number and
email address of conference/camp coordinator, fax number, current
billing address, and type of payment (credit card or check) for the
camp or conference.
- At the time of booking ARAMARK requires the 5-digit service
code for an on-campus camp or conference who wishes to charge their
- For off-campus groups ARAMARK requires 50% of the expected
total invoice as a deposit 30 days prior to arrival date.
- An invoice will be available within one week of the last food
and beverage service or event held during the conference or camp
stay. Full payment is expected within 30 days of billing.
- Late charges may be incurred if payment is not received on
- Additional cleaning charges may occur up to but not exceeding
$50.00 a day if the dining room is left in poor condition (example:
trays and trash left on tables).
- Last minute changes could also result in additional
- Tax will be added to the final bill unless a tax exempt number
and form is provided.
- All Camps and Conferences will be charged based on the full day
rate or partial day rate.
- No a la carte pricing with the exception of catered meals or
- Charges will be based on guarantee numbers. If more people than
what is guaranteed show up for a meal, the higher count will be
used. (Example: 72 hours before the camp arrives, ARAMARK head
count is 150 people. On registration day, if 125 show up, let
ARAMARK know and that number can be changed for the remainder of
the stay, beginning on day two. At no other time can head
counts be changed.)
- The conference/camp coordinator will have one meal card (Scan
Card) to use for the entire group. Diners need some sort of
identification with them in order for ARAMARK to know which camp
they are with. Individual cards may be requested for $5.00
- Conference and Special Events Office will issue participants a
lanyard with their room key which will serve as individual
identification in the dining room.
- Individual meal tickets may be purchase at the camp and
conference rate for visitors.
- Special dietary needs may be accommodated with advance notice.
(Example: lactose intolerant or diabetic). Please notify ARAMARK no
later than one week before your camp or conference of any special
- Breakfast menu will consist of at least two hot entrées,
breakfast pastries, cereal, fruit, and yogurt.
- Lunch and Dinner Menus consist of two meat entrées, one
vegetarian entrée, one starch, and one vegetable.
- The Grill, a Salad Bar and Deli Bar are available at lunch and
dinner only. The Pasta Bar and Stir-Fry Bar are available depending
on group size.
- Pepsi products, juice, tea, coffee, and milk are available with
ATHERTON UNION DINING ROOM SUMMER CONFERENCES AND CAMPS
Below are some rules and policies that allow ARAMARK to provide
the best possible service. Please share these with your
summer conference or camp participants.
- Shoes and shirts must be worn at all times in the dining
- No rollerblades in the dining room.
- All camps and conference participants must have visible
identification when entering the dining room. A lanyard with a room
key will be issued to participants upon check-in at the residence
hall. The lanyard and room key will serve as individual
identification in the dining room.
- All camps and conference participants must STOP at the cashier
stand to be checked-in.
- All camps and conference participants can enter the dining room
once during a meal period. If a participant needs to leave the
dining room for any reason please let the cashier know so the
participant is not counted twice.
- All trays, china, flatware, and glassware must be returned to
the dish room before leaving the dining room. Please remember
to remove silverware and paper from the trays.
- All camps and conference participants will demonstrate
respectable and age-appropriate behavior at all times in the dining
room. No horse-play or foul language is allowed.
- All camps and conference participants under the age of 16 will
be chaperoned at all times in the dining room.
- Lost and found items will be held by the dining room manager
until the end of service on that day. After that items will
be taken to the Residential College Office front desk.
- Please notify the Food Service Director at least one week prior
to the beginning of your camp or conference regarding any special