Prospective Students Information
Welcome to the CSSE Department at Butler University!
If you are currently a high school student interested in
majoring or minoring in computer science or software engineering at
Butler, this page is for you. The information below will be helpful
in making decisions about your future.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Our answers to questions frequently asked by prospective students
and their parents.
- Melissa Buford, a Butler Journalism major, interviewed CCSE
students, alumni and faculty.
- Talk to Us!
- Please feel free to contact any of the department
faculty members via e-mail or phone with your questions. If you
would like to talk with a current student, we will gladly arrange
that for you as well; contact Jon Sorenson (email@example.com, 317-940-9765).
- Come Visit!
- We invite you to come visit our department. Take a tour of our
facilities, talk to a faculty member, sit in on a class, or talk to
a member of our advisory board. To arrange a visit, please contact
Jon Sorenson (firstname.lastname@example.org, 317-940-9765).
- Come to a seminar or a First Monday
- On the first Monday of each month during the academic year, we
have lunch with an informal presentation by an alumnus or local
industry leader, and you are invited. Here is the schedule
- Browse our Website
- You can find information on major and minor requirements,
course descriptions, department news, and more.