Our department provides tutors Monday, Tuesday,
and Wednesday evenings in Fairbanks 148. The tutors are
normally willing to help with the following courses: CS142, CS151,
CS248, AR220-CS (Robots) and SE267. You can work in the lab during
tutoring hours even if you don't need a tutor.
Fall 2014 Tutoring Schedule
NOTE: There will not be any tutoring the week
of Thanksgiving break.
||CS142, CS151, Robots
Guidelines for Students
So that the computer science tutors can make the most effective
use of their time assisting you, please observe the following
- Please be prepared before asking for help. Here are some ideas
for what to do:
- Write down a list of questions.
- Highlight sections in the book, on the assignments, or on class
- Develop pseudocode for your algorithms.
- Prepare partial program code.
- Bring your own books, assignments, notes, etc. The tutors will
not always have them available.
- Please don't monopolize a tutor. They have many others to
- Tutors will only be available during posted times. If you need
additional help, see your instructor or arrange for a private
tutor. You can talk to the LRC to request a private tutor.
- If several of you are working on the same problems, please try
to sit near one another so the tutor can address the whole group,
and avoid repeating themselves.
- Please be courteous to the tutors and others in the
- Please feel free to share your thoughts, both positive and
negative, about the tutoring process with Amy or the department
faculty. We take your input seriously.
- See the rules and
guidelines for the FB148 computer lab.