Our department provides tutors Monday, Tuesday,
and Wednesday evenings in Fairbanks 148. The tutors are
normally willing to help with the following courses: CS142, CS151,
CS248, AR220-CS (Robots) and SE267. You can work in the lab during
tutoring hours even if you don't need a tutor.
Fall 2013 Tutoring Schedule
Sept. 9 to Dec. 13, 2013
NOTE: There will not be any tutoring the week
of Thanksgiving break.
Guidelines for Students
So that the computer science tutors can make the most effective
use of their time assisting you, please observe the following
- Please be prepared before asking for help. Here are some ideas
for what to do:
- Write down a list of questions.
- Highlight sections in the book, on the assignments, or on class
- Develop pseudocode for your algorithms.
- Prepare partial program code.
- Bring your own books, assignments, notes, etc. The tutors will
not always have them available.
- Please don't monopolize a tutor. They have many others to
- Tutors will only be available during posted times. If you need
additional help, see your instructor or arrange for a private
tutor. You can ask Amy (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request a private
- If several of you are working on the same problems, please try
to sit near one another so the tutor can address the whole group,
and avoid repeating themselves.
- Please be courteous to the tutors and others in the
- Please feel free to share your thoughts, both positive and
negative, about the tutoring process with Amy or the department
faculty. We take your input seriously.
- See the rules and
guidelines for the FB148 computer lab.