Tips for Becoming a Successful Butler Student
- Utilize campus resources and personnel: Academic Support
services and Student
- Find a mentor such as a fellow student, faculty, administrator,
- Take good care of yourself - mind, body and spirit: use the
Recreation Complex (HRC), Center for Faith and Vocation, make
- Be open to living with another person - you may have more in
common than you
think and if you have difficulties establish a roommate contract
assistance from your RA (before contacting parents).
- Establish communication and other guidelines for relationship
- Establish relationships with professors: Utilize office hours,
them via Blackboard, email, etc. and be an active participant in
- Get involved, but not too involved. Think about what you are
really interested in,
find your passion . . . be intentional.
- Think about your time management skills and what you will do
with spare time.
- Take advantage of programs on campus! When will you ever get
to be "Free" entertainment! Concerts, speakers, sporting events,
- Learn the traditions of the Butler campus!
- Be reflective of your experiences, purpose behind involvement,
the path you
wish to take, etc.
- Don't be too rigid in your plans. Be open to conversations and
that may expand your horizons.
- BE YOURSELF! The norm is most students don't over consume
alcohol and use
illegal substances. Be true to yourself and don't fall into the
trap of thinking and
doing things that everyone is doing!
View a PDF of these helpful tips!