Center for Academic Technology Lending Library
Center for Academic Technology (CAT) has equipment and books for
faculty and staff members to experience the newest technology that
students use every day and explore ways to integrate it into the
classroom. We loan audio and video equipment, laptops, tablets and
ADA-compliant computer equipment for the Student Disability
Services office. For more information or to check out an
item, please contact Center for Academic Technology at 317-940-8575
or visit the Center for Academic Technology in JH037.
CAT Lending Library Policies
- CAT's Lending Library is available to Butler University faculty
- Loans are available for up to a two week period.
- Renewals and extensions may be available on a case-by-case
basis, upon request.
- Equipment for student checkout is available at the Information
Commons desk in Irwin Library and from the IT HelpDesk.
- The CAT Lending Library does not loan charging or adapter
cables individually. Faculty and staff can connect with the IT
HelpDesk to request loans of cables.
- We reserve the right to limit or suspend borrowing privileges
for non-compliance with CAT Lending Library Policies
Extended Loan Periods
- In special cases, and by special arrangement, it is possible to
borrow equipment beyond the normal two-week loan period.
- Faculty or staff who need equipment beyond the normal
two-week loan period may submit a request through the Google
Form at: http://tinyurl.com/onnxb7z
- We will request the following information:
- Name of faculty or staff person using the equipment
- Name of faculty or staff person responsible for the equipment,
if different than user
- What/how the equipment will be used
- Reason for extended loan period
- Requested check out/in dates
- Please allow a minimum of two weeks' notice for extended loan
period requests. We do our best to accommodate all requests, but we
cannot guarantee availability of equipment with shorter
- Items are often requested by other faculty and staff. The
timely return of all items allows us to honor the greatest number
of requests possible.
- Borrowers will receive reminder e-mails before the loan period
- In the event an item is not returned within the agreed-upon
loan period, we will engage in the following process:
- E-mail contact
- Telephone contact
- E-mail to supervisor, Associate Dean, or Dean
- Telephone call to supervisor, Associate Dean, or Dean
- Last resort: report to Student Accounts for the replacement
value of unreturned items.
- Excessive and repeated tardiness may result in the suspension
of borrowing privileges.
Lost, Stolen or Damaged Equipment
- Replacement of lost or stolen equipment is the responsibility
of the borrower or the borrower's department. We will make every
effort to recover missing items and expect borrower's to do the
- The cost of repair to damaged equipment is the responsibility
of the borrower or the borrower's department. In these cases, CAT
will work with the borrower to find the lowest-cost repair
You may view our Lending Library policies regarding extended
loans and class loans by downloading the Lending Library Policies PDF. If you have
questions regarding the Lending Library and its policies, please
contact us at (317) 940-8575 or visit us in JH037.