The Center for Academic Technology provides expertise and
leadership in the intersections of technology, teaching, and
learning in support of the academic mission of Butler University.
We support faculty and staff through consulting and development
opportunities and student academic success through the Information
We fulfill this mission by:
- Promoting an environment conducive to the exploration of
innovative applications of technology for teaching and
- Researching, developing, and evaluating principles and methods
for using technology to benefit and inspire individuals and
organizations within the Butler community.
- Maintaining a climate of collegiality and collaboration that
respects diverse experiences and backgrounds while providing
opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Fostering inquiry, advocacy, and dialogue about diverse
- Developing collaborative and sustainable partnerships with
individuals and groups throughout the Butler community.
The Center for Academic Technology is a division of Academic Affairs.
Some of the services that the Center for Academic Technology
team offers are:
- Academic application support
- Individual and group consulting and pedagogical support
- Group faculty and staff training workshops and continuing
- Student academic support through the Information Commons
- Special academic projects
For more information about the ways that our Information Commons
program can support student learning in your classes, please visit
the Information Commons webpage.
The Center for Academic Technology is located in JH037 in the basement of Jordan Hall. Please
stop in to visit us or you can reach us at 317-940-8575. For
contact information for individual staff members, please see our Staff List.