Marketing Student Analyst
The Marketing Student Analyst will report to the managing
director of the Butler Business Consulting Group for employment
purposes. The student will work directly for and be supervised by
the Consulting Group project manager when working on a client
assignment. As indicated below, this person will have attained at
least junior standing in the College of Business. This person will
also have demonstrated a desire for broad business process
understanding, strong ethical behavior, and a concern for the
ethical and successful outcomes of each project. Responsibilities
will include client service delivery, working to further the
Consulting Group's strategic goals, and client value creation.
Specific details of responsibilities and skills sought are detailed
Current marketing student analysts have worked on a variety of
internal and client-facing projects.
Internal projects have included:
- Developing methodologies now in place at the Consulting
- Profiling potential Consulting Group clients.
- Market and industry research.
Client-facing projects have
- Analyzing current and historic sales trends.
- Examining the client's marketing strategy.
- Conducting interviews with clients and distributors.
Client Service Delivery
- Work with other project resources (students, faculty,
full-time Consulting Group staff, hired consultants, client
personnel, etc.) to complete agreed-upon deliverables, fulfill
learning goals and maintain/improve organization morale (focus of
student work will be on data analysis, sampling studies,
preparation of team documentation, etc.).
- Assist in managing project schedules to on-time completion of
all agreed-upon deliverables with high quality.
- Complete project reports from client engagements in the manner
specified by Consulting Group methodology (including
financial, schedule, learning, accomplishments, contacts, client
satisfaction, status reports, etc.).
- Create company profiles for client engagements according to
the Consulting Group prescribed methodology.
- Monitor ongoing progress of clients following Consulting
Group engagements and track progress toward agreed-upon business
Consulting Group Strategic Goals
- Assist the professional full-time staff of the Consulting
Group in developing and executing creative methods to bring
the Consulting Group to the students of the COB.
- Complete internal projects to further the Consulting Group's
strategic goals and organizational development.
- Conduct market research and develop marketing collateral.
- Be a spokesperson for the Butler Business Consulting Group to
prospective students of the COB, to companies that recruit COB
students, to companies interested in the Consulting Group's
services and to the community at large.
Client Value Creation
- Assess other project resources to define current capabilities
and opportunities to create new business value; then assist in
developing business solutions and structures needed to realize
these opportunities (students will emphasize documentation of
capabilities and creation of process designs for to-be
- Help define the performance goals and metrics for the
- Assist in building and documenting a quantitative business case
- Minimum attainment of junior standing in the COB
- Skills in corporate finance and marketing
- Minimum GPA of 3.2
- Demonstrated ability to work at least 10 hours per week while a
full-time student in the COB
- Good listening skills
- Good change agent
- Professional in appearance, attitude, manner while working at
- Polished speaking ability and effective oral/written
- Ability to work with project teams in a way that maintains
morale and facilitates efficient progress toward agreed-upon
- Aptitude to constantly learn new best practices and industry
skills (a "learning" mentality)
- Ability to take direction on semi-defined tasks and work
independently to define the solution using prescribed
- Utmost integrity: the Consulting Group will model good
business practice and ethical business conduct
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office solutions including Word,
- Willingness to learn various software packages and platforms as
job requirements dictate
- Ability to maintain multiple concurrent priorities and manage
interdependencies between tasks, segments, resources, etc.