Finance Student Analyst
The student will work directly for and be supervised by
a Consulting Group project manager when working on a client
assignment. As indicated below, this person will have attained at
least junior standing in the College of Business. This person will
also have demonstrated a desire for broad business process
understanding, strong ethical behavior, and a concern for the
ethical and successful outcomes of each project. Specific details
of responsibilities and skills sought are detailed below.
Current finance student analysts have worked on a variety of
internal and client-facing projects.
Client Service Delivery
- Work with consulting team comprised of various backgrounds and
levels of experiences to complete agreed-upon deliverables.
- Assist in managing project schedules to on-time completion of
all agreed-upon deliverables with high quality.
- Create company profiles for client engagements according to
the Consulting Group prescribed methodology.
Consulting Group Strategic Goals
- Complete internal projects to further the Consulting Group's
strategic goals and organizational development.
- Assist the professional full-time staff of the Consulting
Group in developing and executing creative methods to bring
the Consulting Group to the students of the COB.
- Be a spokesperson for the Butler Business Consulting Group to
prospective students of the COB, to companies that recruit COB
students, to companies interested in the Consulting Group's
services, and to the community at large.
Client Value Creation
- Help define the performance goals and metrics for the
- Assist in building and documenting a quantitative business case
- Improve each organization with a solution for better vision,
methodologies, analyses, or processes to create greater value of
their future operation.
- Minimum attainment of junior standing in the COB
- Skills in corporate finance and marketing
- Minimum GPA of 3.2
- Demonstrated ability to work at least 10 hours per week while a
full-time student in the COB
- Good listening skills
- Good change agent
- Professional in appearance, attitude, manner while working at
- Polished speaking ability and effective oral/written
- Ability to work with project teams in a way that maintains
morale and facilitates efficient progress toward agreed-upon
- Aptitude to constantly learn new best practices and industry
skills (a "learning" mentality)
- Ability to take direction on semi-defined tasks and work
independently to define the solution using prescribed
- Utmost integrity: the Consulting Group will model good
business practice and ethical business conduct
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office solutions including Word,
- Willingness to learn various software packages and platforms as
job requirements dictate
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel