As a business owner, you probably spend most of your time
thinking about everyday operations and future growth. However, when
it comes to strategic decisions, growth objectives and overall
success, your company's financial position must also be considered.
That's where the Butler Business Consulting Group comes in. Our CFO
services allow mid-market companies that cannot afford the salary
of a CFO to purchase a more sophisticated, yet practical level of
financial expertise on a part-time basis.
All CFO services are performed by a team led by Chris Stump, a
Butler alumnus whose diverse financial background includes Ernst
& Young, Fortune 500 companies such as Corning and Cummins, as
well as mid-market companies. Working with Stump are faculty
members from the Butler College of Business, as well as MBA and
undergraduate students. Together, this team implements best
practices to measurably increase efficiency and effectiveness in
both finance functions and operations.
How we work
First, our team meets with the client to learn about and
evaluate its financial needs, requirements and overall business
demands. Then, we determine whether our staff and resources would
be functionally and economically preferable to hiring a full-time
CFO. If this is the case, we offer our services.
All CFO services employ solid process documentation designed to
create a cross-trained team approach and better communication with
you, our client. This documentation describes each deliverable in
- User /Audience- Who are the direct users of this
- Suppliers- From whom/where do we acquire necessary data?
- Process- How will we add value to your business?
- Timing- How often can you expect reports and updates?
CFO services can provide any or all of the following
"Instead of working in the "survival mode," the Accelerator
taught us to look at our organization and develop 1-year and 5-year
plans. The result is a huge development in awareness; there are
more opportunities than we ever knew."
- Mike Grueninger, President, Grueninger Travel Group
- Financial Benchmarking
- Cash Management
- Cash Flow Forecasting
- Sourcing Spend Analysis
- Annual Budgeting & Planning
- Profit & Loss Forecasts
- Cost of Capital Planning & Management
- Lender & Investor Communications
- Development of Full-time Accounting Staff
- Product/Service Line Profitability Analysis
- Financial Statement Preparation
- Cost Control Initiatives
- Operations to Finance with Key Performance Indicators
- Oversight of Core Accounting Functions
- Billing and Accounts Receivable
- Vendor Management & Accounts Payable
- Account Reconciliation