College of Business
Undergraduate Business Program


For complete information, see "Passport Services and Information" at the U.S. State Department.

In General

  • Call the local post office to find out where to apply.
  • Allow two months for processing.
  • Bring proof of U.S. citizenship (birth certificate or certificate of naturalization), proof of identity (picture ID), and two passport photos (2 inches by 2 inches). Look up "passport photos" in the yellow page to find a store (many copy centers, AAA, Walgreen's do this) that does official passport photos.
  • To renew by mail, send your application, old passport, two photos, and renewal fee to the National Passport Center, P.O. Box 371971, Pittsburgh, PA, 15250-7971
  • In an emergency, a private passport service can obtain a passport in several days.

When outside the United States

  • If you lose your passport, contact the local police and the U.S. embassy or consulate.
  • A photocopy of your passport will make it easier to obtain a replacement.
    • Keep a copy yourself.
    • Make sure to leave copies with your instructors and your parents, too.