Finance Student Analyst
The Finance Student Analyst will report to the managing director
of the Butler Business Accelerator for employment purposes. The
student will work directly for and be supervised by
the Accelerator project manager when working on a client
assignment. As indicated below, this person will have attained at
least junior standing in the College of Business. This person will
also have demonstrated a desire for broad business process
understanding, strong ethical behavior, and a concern for the
ethical and successful outcomes of each project. Responsibilities
will include client service delivery, working to further the
Accelerator's strategic goals, and client value creation. Specific
details of responsibilities and skills sought are detailed
Current finance student analysts have worked on a variety of
internal and client-facing projects.
Internal projects have included:
- Developing and implementing a time reporting system for the
- Developing a parameterized five-year budget model.
- Developing a model to analyze clients' financials, which will
become an integral part of the Accelerator's methodology.
Client-facing projects have included:
- Analyzing cash flow.
- Examining product costing methods and accuracy.
- Developing strategies to improve the operating performance of
Client Service Delivery
- Work with other project resources (students, faculty, full-time
Accelerator staff, hired consultants, client personnel, etc.) to
complete agreed-upon deliverables, fulfill learning goals and
maintain/improve organization morale (focus of student work will be
on data analysis, sampling studies, preparation of team
- Assist in managing project schedules to on-time completion of
all agreed-upon deliverables with high quality.
- Complete project reports from client engagements in the manner
specified by Accelerator methodology (including financial,
schedule, learning, accomplishments, contacts, client satisfaction,
status reports, etc.).
- Create company profiles for client engagements according to
the Accelerator prescribed methodology.
- Monitor ongoing progress of clients following Accelerator
engagements and track progress toward agreed-upon business
Accelerator Strategic Goals
- Complete internal projects to further the Accelerator's
strategic goals and organizational development.
- Assist the professional full-time staff of the Accelerator
in developing and executing creative methods to bring
the Accelerator to the students of the COB.
- Be a spokesperson for the Butler Business Accelerator to
prospective students of the COB, to companies that recruit COB
students, to companies interested in the Accelerator's services,
and to the community at large.
Client Value Creation
- Assess other project resources to define current capabilities
and opportunities to create new business value; then assist in
developing business solutions and structures needed to realize
these opportunities (students will emphasize documentation of
capabilities and creation of process designs for to-be
- Help define the performance goals and metrics for the
- Assist in building and documenting a quantitative business case
- Minimum attainment of junior standing in the COB
- Skills in corporate finance and marketing
- Minimum GPA of 3.2
- Demonstrated ability to work at least 10 hours per week while a
full-time student in the COB
- Good listening skills
- Good change agent
- Professional in appearance, attitude, manner while working at
- Polished speaking ability and effective oral/written
- Ability to work with project teams in a way that maintains
morale and facilitates efficient progress toward agreed-upon
- Aptitude to constantly learn new best practices and industry
skills (a "learning" mentality)
- Ability to take direction on semi-defined tasks and work
independently to define the solution using prescribed
- Utmost integrity: the Accelerator will model good business
practice and ethical business conduct
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office solutions including Word,
- Willingness to learn various software packages and platforms as
job requirements dictate