Indianapolis is thriving with arts
organizations, museums and events!
Here are just a few of the many opportunities that Butler
students can take advantage of:
- Butler is located just a two-minute drive and easy walk from
the Indianapolis Museum of Art, one of the nation's 10 largest
museums and admission is free! The beautiful museum grounds include
gardens and a sculpture park.
- Each September the Penrod Arts Fair takes place on the IMA's
grounds each September and there are many other events, including
the Broad Ripple Art Fair each May and Talbot Street Art Fair each
- The Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art,
located in White River State Park, contains one of the world's
finest Native American and Western Art collections and is one of
only two such museums east of the Mississippi.
- The Indianapolis Arts Center has a plethora of studio art
programming, outstanding facilities, and regular exhibitions of art
- The Indiana State Museum, located in White River State Park,
has a wide variety of exhibits including art by some of Indiana's
- Freetown Village Living History Museum is a museum without
walls and provides numerous interactive programs that present
African-American history and culture in unique formats.
- Indianapolis is also home to the Indiana Historical Society,
the Indiana Medical Museum, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Hall of
Fame Museum, the National Art Museum of Sport, the Indiana
Transportation Museum and the world's biggest and best Children's
Students at the Indianapolis Museum
of Art during an Art Program Field Trip