Get Involved - Programs for Leadership & Service Education
In alignment with the educational mission of Butler University
and the Division of Student Affairs, the Office for Programs for
Leadership and Service Education (PuLSE), in partnership with
students, strives to create an environment that encourages
educational and social growth with a dedication to continuous
processing and application of experiences. By intentionally
engaging students in interactive and diverse opportunities, the
Office seeks to develop an ongoing commitment to leadership,
service, and learning.
We help students to...
- Connect to leadership, service, and other involvement
opportunities on campus and within the community.
- Process through leadership, service, and other involvement
experiences in order to gain a better understanding of self.
- Apply leadership and interpersonal skills developed through
involvement to practical situations.
- Bridge leadership, service, and involvement opportunities to
relevant classroom work and theory.
- Navigate systems of the University and community pertaining to
leadership, service, and involvement experiences.
- Increase awareness of diversity in terms of ideas, culture, and
needs through leadership, service, and involvement experience.
Ways for Alumni to Get Involved
- Serve as a judge for various events (Spring Sports Spectacular,
- Alumni who have any businesses (restaurants, factories, or the
like) where we could either take a class, eat at their restaurant,
visit for a tour, etc that they would be offering to let us do for
Out and About
- Alumni who are entertainers who are looking for a gig (singers,
- Teach a skill (cooking, crafts, sewing) as a program on campus
either late night or just in the evening
- Conduct a dinner to discuss leadership with students
- Speak at a leadership session/retreat
- Site visits to discuss leadership theory/philosophy, their
personal path, an experiential exploration of a business, etc.
Interested in any of these opportunities? Contact the P.u.L.S.E.
office at (317) 940-9262 or email@example.com.
You can also visit the P.u.L.S.E. website at www.butler.edu/involvement/.