Executive Committee 2012 - 2014
Monica Peterson '88
Whittney Murphy '11
Director, Alumni & Parent Programs
Nikki Mazelin '97
Black Alumni Association
4600 Sunset Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46208
1 (800) 368-6852, ext. 9809
The Butler University Black Alumni Association Executive Team
consists of three officers (president, vice president and
secretary), each serving a two-year term. Terms begin June 1, 2012
and end May 31, 2014.
President: Serves as the leader for the BAA. The president is an
ex-officio member of the Alumni Board of Directors, which meets
three times a year on Butler's campus.
Vice president: Serves as the chair for the BAA scholarship and
recruitment committees. Also assumes the duties of president when
the president is unavailable.
Secretary: Serves as the chair for the communications committee.
Also responsible for accurate record keeping for the organization
including meeting minutes and the newsletter. There is no
secretary at this time.
Black Alumni Association officers are expected to:
- Provide current contact information to the association for
fellow alumni in which they have contact.
- Provide information to the Office of Admission about
prospective students with whom they have contact.
- Volunteer with Internship and Career Services by serving as
mentors to current Butler students, registering their employer and
attending events when available.
- Attend alumni events on campus or regionally.
- Nominate candidates for the executive team.
- Participate in community service events as a Butler
- Be a donor to the University.
For more information, please contact the Office of Alumni and
Parent Programs at (800) 368-6852, ext. 9946 or firstname.lastname@example.org.