Executive Committee 2014 - 2016
Gene Murray '94
Janai Downs '02
Black Alumni Association
4600 Sunset Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46208
1 (800) 368-6852, ext. 9809
The Butler University Black Alumni Association Executive Team
consists of three officers (president, vice president and
secretary), each serving a two-year term. Terms begin June 1, 2014
and end May 31, 2016.
President: Serves as the leader for the BAA. The president is an
ex-officio member of the Alumni Board of Directors, which meets
three times a year on Butler's campus.
Vice president: Serves as the chair for the BAA scholarship and
recruitment committees. Also assumes the duties of president when
the president is unavailable.
Secretary: Serves as the chair for the communications committee.
Also responsible for accurate record keeping for the organization
including meeting minutes and the newsletter.
Black Alumni Association officers are expected to:
- Provide current contact information to the association for
fellow alumni in which they have contact.
- Provide information to the Office of Admission about
prospective students with whom they have contact.
- Volunteer with Internship and Career Services by serving as
mentors to current Butler students, registering their employer and
attending events when available.
- Attend alumni events on campus or regionally.
- Nominate candidates for the executive team.
- Participate in community service events as a Butler
- Be a donor to the University.
For more information, please contact the Office of Alumni and
Parent Programs at (800) 368-6852, ext. 9946 or firstname.lastname@example.org.