Butler's residential campus is just 5 miles north of downtown Indianapolis. The 12th largest city in the country was recently ranked as the "No. 1 Best City for College Graduates" by Career Builder. Indianapolis is a lively city full of things for you to enjoy as a Butler University student. From professional sports to concerts, art galleries to the Indy 500, and every type of restaurant you could want, you'll never be bored.
Indianapolis offers big-city amenities on an accessible, easy-to-navigate scale. Learn more about our state's capital here.
Indianapolis is home to:
- The 2012 Super Bowl
- Multiple professional sports teams, including the Indiana Pacers, Indianapolis Colts, Indiana Fever, and Indy Eleven
- The largest single-day sporting even in the world, the Indianapolis 500
- Indiana state government offices
- A wide array of major companies and nonprofit headquarters
- Monument Circle (pictured)
- Professional theatre and dance companies, and a major symphony orchestra
- The Children's Museum, the largest children's museum in the world
Butler's campus is also only five minutes from Broad Ripple Village, a popular eclectic Indianapolis neighborhood. This area features local restaurants and cafés, art galleries, boutiques, festivals, and parks. Students walk, job, and ride their bikes into Broad Ripple on the canal path. Broad Ripple also offers an energetic nightlife and student discounts.