Transfer admission is done on a rolling basis. We strongly encourage interested transfer students to complete your applications at least two weeks prior to the start of the semester. Transfer students who are interested in applying for the fall entry term are encourage to complete the application by March 1st to maximize their consideration for transfer academic scholarship awards. Academic scholarships are available to students majoring in the Colleges of Business, Communication, Education, and Liberal Arts & Sciences.
Your application for transfer admission should include the following:
- Application for Transfer Admission and Scholarships
- Personal statement or essay
- $35 application fee (waived for students who apply online and for students who meet our legacy requirements)
- Official transcript from each college or university attended, mailed directly from the issuing institution (applicants must be in good standing with their previous colleges/universities). A total cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher is required for admission consideration for most majors. We expect to see no grades below C- in the most recent semester.
- Official high school transcript (not required if you have a bachelor's degree from an accredited university)
- Additional requirements may need to be met for admission to specific programs (see below)
- All transfer applicants must submit official ACT and/or SAT scores to complete their application (ACT/SAT scores are waived for those transfer applicants who graduated from high school more than four years ago)
Application materials should be sent to:
Office of Transfer Admission
4600 Sunset Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46208
Some programs have different standards/requirements for admission. Those include arts administration, art + design, dance, music, and theater in the Jordan College of the Arts and the pharmacy and physician assistant programs in the College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences.