Transfer admission for all majors except pharmacy and physician assistant is done on a rolling basis. We strongly encourage interested transfer students to complete the application at least two weeks prior to the start of the semester. The recommended transfer application deadline for spring is December 14 but if you have questions or concerns, please contact Emily Robison, the transfer admission counselor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pharmacy & Physician Assistant Transfer Students
- Pharmacy applicants must complete the PharmCAS application by January 7
- PA applicants with a 3.5 cumulative GPA or better are encouraged to complete the CASPA by September 15
- PA applicants with a 3.2 cumulative GPA or better must complete the CASPA application by December 1
About Financial Assistance
Butler University offers a variety of financial aid programs to help you and your family afford a Butler education. These programs may include scholarships, grants, talent awards, educational loans, and student employment. Other financing options may be available through federal, state, and institutional sources. Visit the Office of Financial Aid.
For consideration from all sources, Butler University encourages all families to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). To file your FAFSA, please visit www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Important Dates and Deadlines
Priority consideration for all need-based gift assistance is given to students who:
- Are admitted to Butler by March 1
- File the FAFSA by March 1
- Complete their financial aid file by May 1
After these dates, eligibility for gift assistance is subject to the availability of funds. A complete information packet on financial assistance will be sent to you after you have been offered admission. If you have more questions, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at email@example.com or (877) 940-8200.
Transfer Academic Scholarships
- Application for fall admission must be completed by March 1
- Academic scholarships are available to students majoring in the Colleges of Business, Communication, Education, and Liberal Arts & Sciences
- Awards are based on both university and high school academic performance
- Awards are renewable for a maximum of four additional semesters
- Phi Theta Kappa members are eligible for an additional award