Today is Snow Day #2 of Snowpocalypse 2011…and even though I have spent every moment of the past 48 hours with the same 3 people…we are somehow surviving. This time of togetherness is great and I do love it….but with it….comes cat fights. I know this because this is what happens when my sister, mom, and I are all stuck inside for a prolonged period of time….and it is what happened about an hour ago.
Meghan: What are you doing on your computer over there?
Lauren: What are you doing to be productive??
Meghan: Did someone just give me a ‘tude?
Yes….Meghan really asked if someone gave her a “tude”. Shortly after this exchange….Lauren and I began to make fun of Liz, since she is the only one in our room that wasn’t wearing a Snuggie. So she started to show us everything that her blanket can do…even though it doesn’t have sleeves…and so began “Blanket Wars”.
The different ways Liz can wear her blanket....
The ways we can wear our Snuggies....
Blanket Wars got pretty heated......obviously
Other than the little cat fights and Blanket Wars….not much has been going on here in Room 13. We cleaned our bathroom and room last night, and worked out yesterday afternoon…which is basically the extent of our productivity. We didn’t even venture out to play with the ice/snow…although we watched one of the girls in our house, Amanda, go ice skating on our front lawn last night. But now the snow plows are out, and it isn’t snowing/icing much anymore….so it looks like we will have class tomorrow. Ugh. Back to productivity and real life….unless the weather wants to get crazy again…which I am completely fine with. But until then, I think I am going to open a book for the first time since Monday morning…..wish me luck.
Here in Room 13 of Alpha Phi, we are rather obsessed with Jessica’s Daily Affirmation. If you have never been introduced to Jessica and her ways….check this out.
So since Round II of Snowpocalypse 2011 is coming now and we have no class tomorrow, we decided to do our own daily affirmation….Here it goes…..
Look….I can be a Bulldog now….
My whole house is great….I can do anything good…
You can't really tell this....but we're standing on our sink in our bathroom.
I like my school…I like snow days….
I like my workouts….I like my futon….
Dunford on the futon....
I like my hair….I like my crafts…
I like my sisters…I like my corners…
Meghan in her mirror corner....
I like my Camelbak….
I like my bible study….I like my bed….
Liz on her bed....
I like my Mac….I like my desk….
Me at my desk....
I LIKE MY WHOLE HOUSE! My whole house is great…
I can do anything good…yeah yeah yeah yeah…
I can do anything good…better than anyone.
I hope you enjoyed our Daily Affirmation….we are pretty proud of it. Now we are going to watch movie #4 of Snowpocalypse 2011. Happy snow day everyone!
Tagged: alpha phi, bible study, bulldog, camelbak, crafting, daily affirmation, futon, jessica's daily affirmation, mac, roommates, sisters, snow day, snowpocalypse 2011, working out
Today is a snow day here at Butler University. For those of you who are in high school, let me explain why this is so exciting….
- We don’t get snow days in college.
- This is only the second time that Butler has canceled classes in like the last 20 years or something outrageous like that.
- Imagine a day where you are snowed/iced in to the place where you live…which is with 75 of your closest friends….Yeah….it is awesome.
The only sad part about it is that we haven’t been very productive…unless you count watching 3 movies in the last 12 hours being productive….which I definitely do. Here is a rundown of our snow day thus far….
- We started our movie marathon last night around 11:00 p.m. with The Wedding Date, after which we were so infatuated with Dermot Mulroney that we decided to watch My Best Friend’s Wedding too.
- This morning we rose with the sun around 11:00 a.m…
- We sat around until noon when we went downstairs to the kitchen to get lunch….
- Now we are watching 50 First Dates.
- I have been creeping on blogs for most of the day…mostly The Pioneer Woman’s….and I am getting ready to order her book that goes on sale…TODAY!
- A little while ago, Meghan (one of my roommates), did one math problem, got it wrong, and then gave up. But, don’t worry, she did knit 5 rows last night. (And yes, her homework for one of her classes is knitting. It blows my mind as well.)
- Lauren (one of my roommates) has been on Facebook all day. But I did see her open one of her books earlier….it didn’t last long….but it did happen.
- And the Productivity Award of Day #1 of Snowpocalypse 2011 goes to…Liz (one of my roommates) who got real crazy a little while ago…and bought a plane ticket.
Yeah…I know that you are all jealous of what we have done today. And since we just saw that Butler will once again be closed TOMORROW….we decided that our activity for tonight will be taking photos of ourselves on Photo Booth. The last time that the four of us all lived together, Meghan, Lauren, and I had a Photo Booth session late one night….so we are going to make that happen again. Be sure to check back tomorrow to see the results of this awesomeness….and I will leave you now with a few of our gems from last year…
Tagged: bad weather, black heels to tractor wheels, Butler, dermot mulroney, ice, photo booth, roommates, snow, snow day, snowpocalypse, snowpocalypse 2011, the pioneer woman