Sometimes…when we get overwhelmed with school…we have to cut back on other things in order to get everything done. This could mean not going to a meeting or class…but most of the time…it means that we stop showering. I know, it’s gross…but it’s how we get by. A few weeks ago, one of my roommates was having a really busy week, and she didn’t shower….or really change her clothes for a few days. We all understand, because we’ve been there too…but one of her professors was legitimately concerned about her well-being…since she looked like she hadn’t showered or changed clothes for a few days.
This situation raises the question: Do professors understand what we do with our days?? Do they understand how much work goes into each of the projects they assign, and that other professors are assigning projects at the same time as well?? Well, just as a friendly reminder to all, here is a breakdown of what a normal day looks like in my life (this is a Tuesday schedule):
- 6:30 a.m. – Get up and get ready for work
- 8:00 a.m. – Arrive at work
- 12:00 p.m. – Drive back to school quickly…
- 12:30 p.m. – Grab a quick lunch, before I walk to class…
- 1:00 p.m. – Class
- 2:30 p.m. – Drive back to work
- 6:00 p.m. – Leave work and drive back to school
- 6:30 p.m. – Grab a quick dinner…
- 7:00 p.m. – Meeting time (usually BUSF)
- 8:00 p.m. – Check my email, send out a ton of emails
- 9:00 p.m. – Meeting time (usually AKPsi)
- 10:00 p.m. – Go back to my room and put on sweats, start figuring out what I need to study…and start that.
- 12:00 a.m. – Keep working…
- 3:00 a.m. – Maybe….time to go to sleep.
Keep in mind…this isn’t a schedule for test weeks, or weeks when we have papers due, etc. This is a normal day in a normal week. Yeah….college sounds great…doesn’t it??? Don’t get me wrong, I do love college…..but I guess the moral of the blog is….don’t judge us when we don’t shower…because sometimes that extra 15 minutes of sleep is totally worth it.