As a senior, I have spent a lot of time this semester looking back to what I was like as a freshman. A great way for me to see this is to look back at my blogs from my freshman year…which are interesting to say the very least. I’m happy to say that my writing style has changed a bit since then, and that I’ve most definitely grown up in the last four years. So, I think that it is only fitting to take a walk down memory lane to my freshman blog… roast style. I was a decent blogger then, but I might as well make fun of myself for something, right?
- I loved smiley faces. This one I totally get – because I still love smiley faces. But all of mine ended up as emoticons in the blogs – which is really rather random…and childish. They all look so excited, and they are the only type of photo/excitement in my old blogs. At least I had something fun in there? Which leads me to my next point…
- I never posted photos. Now, I love posting photos. I do blogs that are mostly photos sometimes. But back in the day, apparently I did not know how to use a photo upload feature. C’mon freshman year Steph, step it up a bit….be a real blogger.
- My blog topics were totally unfocused. Basically, my freshman year, I wrote about what I did everyday. I’m sure it was helpful for some, but who really needed to know that I went to The Old Spaghetti Factory and that they gave me a Chinese food box for my leftovers? Yeah…no one. Good try, freshman year Steph.
- I was really excited. All the time. Really. I gather this from all of the “Whoohooo!’s” that I see in my old blogs, and from all of the exclamation points. Apparently, my freshman year, I walked around and yelled at everyone all the time, or at least that is what it looks like from my blog.
- I was extremely long winded. This hasn’t completely changed, but it has a little bit. Back in my freshman year – I wrote a few marathon blogs that just trail on forever and ever…like this one. I’d like to think that now I’m a bit more concise…maybe??
I give myself a hard time, but at least I tried…right? We were all freshmen at some point, and I guess I was kind of cool back then. Need proof? Check this photo…by far my favorite from freshman year.