If you didn’t know….Butler is in Indiana….in central Indiana. Usually this doesn’t mean much to anyone, but what everyone should know is that Indiana has the strangest weather patterns in the U.S. (That isn’t official, but I think that we do…so it counts.) To give you an idea of how outrageous it is, I will give you a little rundown of the last week’s weather….
- February 25 (Friday) – Woke up to a couple of inches of snow…nothing much…but still enough to make me not want to get up and brush off my car to go to the HRC.
- February 26 (Saturday) – It warmed up…so the snow melted….
- February 27 (Sunday) – Around 8 or 9 p.m. it started raining cats and dogs, so much that it flooded some of the streets on campus and in the area. Then around 1 a.m. that night, the tornado sirens went off….twice. So I was up until around 3:30 a.m….sitting in our first floor hallway with 75 of my sisters….I love them all so much, but that was the last thing that I wanted to be doing right then.
- February 28 (Monday) – I went to class with my rain boots on…all ready to wade through the lakes on campus after the previous night’s rain…and there was basically no water on the ground. Yeah…it was weird.
- March 1 (Tuesday) – Beautiful day…..
- March 2 (Wednesday) – Another beautiful day….
- March 3 (Thursday) – It was cold, but sunny and just a beautiful day.
- March 4 (Today) – It’s rainy…and not beautiful.
You all should probably know that this isn’t a normal week….but we just happened to have basically every kind of day weather wise in the last week. Some people hate it….but I love it…because you can never get bored with weather that is always changing….so I think it is perfect!