For the last month…I have been extremely busy every single week. I would work like crazy from the time I woke up (around 6:45 a.m.) until I either fell asleep or went to sleep (around 1-2 a.m.), so not only was I busy…I was also exhausted. I was so busy because each week I had something intense going on…
- First, I had Derby Days lipsyncs. This lasted for a few weeks actually, since we had practices for Derby Days almost every night for a few weeks leading up to the big event.
- The next week….I had a big paper due in my internship class. It ended up being about 8 pages, single spaced.
- The next week….right after my paper was due (on a Sunday night) I had a Sales exam on Monday, and another big paper due in Retailing.
- The next week…I had a Health Care Econ exam and a Retailing exam…and we were starting to practice for Yell Like Hell.
- The next week…we were practicing for Yell Like Hell. All the time.
This brings us to now…the first week in over a month, where I didn’t have something big to do every night. Every night I would finish my internship at 6 p.m. or work in Speakers Lab until around 7 p.m., and I would feel like I needed to be rushing somewhere to do something….but really, I didn’t have to. Then, I started looking ahead, and the weeks before Thanksgiving are going to be EXTREMELY rough. I basically have two papers, then two tests…all in exactly a week. After I finish with that, I will fly to Albuquerque, NM to visit my sister and brother-in-law, and while I’m there, I actually have another paper due. But let’s be serious, I’m not going to write a paper while I’m visiting two people that I think are pretty great that I haven’t seen in 4 months, so I will have to do the paper before I leave too.
So even though I thought I was going to have one more relaxing, chill week…I don’t think that will be happening anytime soon. Instead…I’m going to start on things…early. Or at least that is my goal. When this round of tests, papers, etc. is done…I’ll let you know if I actually succeeded or not. Odds are, I won’t actually work ahead….but I can at least try… right?