You know how some people change their minds constantly about what they want to do with their lives? Well, in high school I was one of those people. I was between psychology, education, business, and a few other options…until one day when my sister and I sat down and hashed out all the details and options. That is when I decided to major in Marketing…and ever since then I have just been hoping that it was the right choice. Luckily… I’m sure of it now….for several reasons.
- For the first time since my Calc class freshman year….I enjoy taking tests. Seriously. I didn’t know that happened…..but apparently it does. (Yes…I did enjoy Calc…I was weird like that.)
- I love going to my Marketing classes. Even when I had Intro to Marketing last semester at 8 a.m., I loved it…and I didn’t fall asleep during it….even though it was at 8 a.m. Since then I have also had Marketing Research and Advertising & Promotion, and I loved both of them too.
- I am so much better at studying for Marketing. Maybe it is because I enjoy the concepts more, or maybe it is something else…I don’t know….but I do know that I like it.
- I am so excited to intern this summer and next school year! Even though my internship this summer isn’t exactly Marketing, I think I will be able to apply Marketing in some way, because I do it basically every day now!
- Butler’s Marketing faculty is basically amazing. That’s all there is to it. I’ve loved every professor I’ve had in class or met so far.
Knowing that I really do enjoy Marketing is great….because I am a senior now….and I don’t want to have to switch at this point….so thank goodness for that. I can now finish up my time at Butler knowing that I’m doing the right thing….SUCCESS!