Ever since I started college, I have thought that my life could not get any busier, and that the next semester would be so much easier. But, of course…it never let up…and I think that it actually got worse over time. I love being busy…but when I look back over the last 7 semesters…I wonder how I ever made it through…
- Fall 2008 – 17 credit hours, I pledged Alpha Kappa Psi, and I joined the Butler Dance Team
- Spring 2009 – 17 credit hours, I joined Alpha Phi, and basketball season with the Dance Team was super busy
- Fall 2009 – 19 credit hours, I lived in Alpha Phi for the first time, the Real Business Experience ruled my life, and I started working in Speakers Lab
- Spring 2010 – 18 credit hours, my Law & Ethics class ruled my life, and I started having leadership positions in clubs
- Fall 2010 – 16 credit hours, and I’m sure something took up all of my time…I can’t remember what it was….
- Spring 2011 – 16 credit hours, and I was searching for an internship with every free moment of every day
So this brings us to now, the end of Fall 2011…my 7th semester of college. I only took 12 hours (which is the lightest load you can take as a full-time student), but I worked 22 hours/week at my internship, and between blogging and working in Speakers Lab I worked an extra 5 hours/week. Also, when you factor in the time that it took me to drive to my internship every day, you can add on another 7 hours each week, so altogether….I worked around 34 hours every week. This basically meant that I had no time to spare when I was on campus..or period…because I was either working, or in class. But now, it is over….and I officially fulfilled my internship requirements! I never thought that I would, because I had to work for 300 hours throughout the semester, and it took me a LOT longer to do that than I originally thought. So last week during finals, I worked as much as I could, and I ended up making it to 300 right at the end of the day on the last day of the week. SUCCESS!
So now…all I have to do is make it through 15 more hours this Spring. This will be a breeze…I hope?