At Admissions events, the prospective students and their parents always ask us about the same things. Safety on campus, the dorms, Greek Life, our majors, etc. But a few months ago, I had a conversation with a future Butler student and her Mom about something completely new: what people wear around campus. This might sound like a silly topic, but I absolutely loved it, and I felt that it was something that I should share with all of you before I graduate in a few weeks. So I will go over the wardrobe “staples” of an average Butler student… or just the things that I see basically everywhere.
- Butler clothes – We are all pretty proud to be students here, and we love to show it! So Butler sweatshirts, tshirts, sweatpants, and everything else from the Bookstore are always a staple.
- Greek Letters – About 1/3 of campus is Greek, and you can definitely tell just by walking around campus. We love our lettered shirts, and anything else that shows off our house.
- Sperry’s – A lot of people at Butler are preppy, and we show it by wearing Sperry’s of all kinds. They are also really comfortable and they go with basically everything…which always helps.
- Uggs – Winters here are cold, so girls wear Uggs all the time. I’ve never been an Ugg person…but most people on campus swear by them.
- Vera Bradley – I obviously love Vera, since I interned there last summer and since I have an outrageous collection of the bags, but I definitely think that other people on campus are fans as well. They sell Vera in the Bookstore, and you can see the gorgeous prints brightening up campus basically everywhere you go.
- North Face…everything – Again, winters here are cold, and North Face jackets, hats, gloves, etc. obviously help with that. There is also a North Face store at the Fashion Mall, which I absolutely love…
Even though people wear all of these brands/types of clothes a lot…everyone on campus has their own style. So, if you are a prospective student, or better yet…a future Butler student, when you go to college…do your own thing. Around here, a lot of people have a very J. Crew style or Anthropologie type style…but don’t be afraid to do your own thing and to be completely different.