This year I have quite a few firsts going into Spring Break…
- It is my first real Spring Break…in regards to traveling.
- It is the first time I haven’t been dying to go home for break.
- And…It’s the first time that I haven’t been dying to escape campus.
I’m usually the person who is completely content spending my one free week of spring semester laying on my couch at home…doing absolutely nothing. Last year I did a couple of quick trips during break, but at the end of the week I still had about 4 days to myself. But this time around…I’m going with 3 of my best friends, Meghan, Liz, and Lauren, to Sarasota. We’re leaving Butler tonight, staying at my house in southern Indiana tonight, and then driving all the way down tomorrow. I’m pretty darn excited to go, not only because it is my first (and last…) Spring Break…but for a couple other reasons too.
- My family doesn’t really vacation…so this going on vacation thing is new to me
- Liz and Meghan are getting married (to other people) in the next few months…and then they’re moving away to New York and Michigan, respectively.
- I’m excited to just spend a week with my best friends.
- And strangely…I can’t wait to drive.
I know the last one is weird…and I might be kicking myself for saying this when we are on hour 12 or 13 of a 15 hour drive…but I miss driving so much. I drove to the other side of campus the other day, and the couple of minutes I spent in my car were just therapeutic. We were planning on splitting up the driving, but right now I would be fine with doing it all myself. I kind of want the challenge of seeing really how long I can drive for…and how fast I can get us to Florida. So bring it on…15.5 hour drive…I’m totally going to conquer you.