Before each test or paper, I basically become a studying zombie. I don’t know what is happening around me, I stop showering, and the floor around my desk and my closet disappear. So, as soon as the test is over…all I want to do is get my life back together. Here is my usual routine:
- Put away my books, notes, and binders. I also try to organize things a little bit…so that it will be easier to find everything when it comes time for finals.
- Put my clothes away. When I’m studying….I don’t have time to fold or hang up a single item of clothing…so there are piles of clothes, shoes, and jewelry all over the room.
- Clean off my desk. Usually my desk becomes a stack of papers, plates, cups, and trash…. again…because I don’t have time to be a real person and put them away when I am in studying mode.
- Shower. I can go for days without showering…even though you really don’t want me to. Unfortunately, I have become a pro at not showering…which my roommates and I call being a “creature”. I haven’t felt like a creature this year yet, because I am always working on the days of tests, and they might ask me to stop coming in to work if I let myself go to work in my creature state.
- Creep facebook and twitter. I also stop creeping as much as is necessary to truly know what is going on around campus or at home…. so I have to catch up at some point.
- Work out. Usually this happens before the shower…but after, I just feel even better about myself than I already did. It’s like I’m a walking advertisement for productivity.
- Eat anything and everything I want. I figure that after studying so hard for so long, and then working out on top of that…I deserve a treat. So I give myself one…or two…or three. Sometimes, I even make a run to Flying Cupcake (a cupcake shop near Butler).
Once I have done all of these things…I am usually good to go, and I feel like a real person again. Of course, sometimes I will have one test after another (like this week) so this entire process took me about a day to complete. (Most of my time this week was spent cleaning…not going to lie).