I finished finals exactly two days ago…and I think I am slowly getting my life back together. Here is how life has gone for the few days since my last blog…
- Saturday – I got up earlier than I ever want to get up for the rest of my life…at around 4:15 for the Mini Marathon. I went downtown, filled up around 40,000 cups of water, and gave them to the runners and walkers for almost 5 hours. Then I packed up my car to take as much of my stuff home as possible…and drove home. That night was my old Dance Studio’s recital, and since it was the 20th anniversary, old dancers and teachers all came back to celebrate.
- Sunday - This was Mother’s Day, so after church we had my Grandma and Grandpa over for lunch. Afterwards, I studied. And then I studied some more.
- Monday – I got up early and drove back to Butler, and when I arrived I found an almost empty room, with no carpet, rugs, or a futon. One of my roommates (Liz) had completely moved out, another (Meghan) was in the process of moving everything out, and only Lauren and I had all of our stuff still there. I had a few meetings during the afternoon, and I spent the rest of my time studying until I went to an outreach at an elementary school in Brownsburg. After that, I studied more…and more…and more. Around 1 a.m. I tried to nap where our futon used to be, but since that meant I was sleeping half on the tile floor and half on a large pillow, that was a failure, so I went to bed a little while later.
- Tuesday - I got up really early to finish studying, took my Marketing Research final, then almost immediately had to switch gears and take my Corporate Finance final. The best part was, after that I was done. I picked up one of my other finals that had just been graded, chatted with some friends at Starbucks…and then started to pack up my life. It was a great last night at Butler, because after I got to a good stopping point with packing I went to dinner with a friend and then hung out with a bunch of friends…and for the first time in a long time I had no homework hanging over my head…and I was so glad to be done with classes…obviously.
- Wednesday – I got up, packed my car, and drove home. Once I got home, I didn’t even take the time to unpack…and I took a nap. Then….I didn’t wake up for about…13 hours. I think that I am caught up on sleep now. Or I hope that I am.
So today I have been trying to motivate myself to unpack and figure everything out. I started by unpacking the car…which I was almost completely successful with. I say almost because I got all but a HUGE plastic bin that I can’t lift alone….and most of my stuff didn’t make it past the kitchen or my back porch. Maybe I’ll get a second wave of energy in a little bit?