Today is a snow day here at Butler University. For those of you who are in high school, let me explain why this is so exciting….
- We don’t get snow days in college.
- This is only the second time that Butler has canceled classes in like the last 20 years or something outrageous like that.
- Imagine a day where you are snowed/iced in to the place where you live…which is with 75 of your closest friends….Yeah….it is awesome.
The only sad part about it is that we haven’t been very productive…unless you count watching 3 movies in the last 12 hours being productive….which I definitely do. Here is a rundown of our snow day thus far….
- We started our movie marathon last night around 11:00 p.m. with The Wedding Date, after which we were so infatuated with Dermot Mulroney that we decided to watch My Best Friend’s Wedding too.
- This morning we rose with the sun around 11:00 a.m…
- We sat around until noon when we went downstairs to the kitchen to get lunch….
- Now we are watching 50 First Dates.
- I have been creeping on blogs for most of the day…mostly The Pioneer Woman’s….and I am getting ready to order her book that goes on sale…TODAY!
- A little while ago, Meghan (one of my roommates), did one math problem, got it wrong, and then gave up. But, don’t worry, she did knit 5 rows last night. (And yes, her homework for one of her classes is knitting. It blows my mind as well.)
- Lauren (one of my roommates) has been on Facebook all day. But I did see her open one of her books earlier….it didn’t last long….but it did happen.
- And the Productivity Award of Day #1 of Snowpocalypse 2011 goes to…Liz (one of my roommates) who got real crazy a little while ago…and bought a plane ticket.
Yeah…I know that you are all jealous of what we have done today. And since we just saw that Butler will once again be closed TOMORROW….we decided that our activity for tonight will be taking photos of ourselves on Photo Booth. The last time that the four of us all lived together, Meghan, Lauren, and I had a Photo Booth session late one night….so we are going to make that happen again. Be sure to check back tomorrow to see the results of this awesomeness….and I will leave you now with a few of our gems from last year…