As everyone has already mentioned… Fall Break was last Thursday/Friday. Again, as everyone has already mentioned, Butler students generally head into the break with quite a bit of homework. In lieu of working on the last paper left over from the break, I shall blog about my vacation.
I went to Chicago again, thanks to the marvelous hospitality of my boyfriend’s family. I played quite a bit of mahjong — and even won three times in a row! (Though I inadvertently cheated the first time. No one caught me, but I didn’t know you couldn’t complete an eye with a tile from the center before finishing all chows/pongs. I also don’t know how to spell any of this.)
So Fall Break was wonderful. I did quite a bit of homework:
- discussion preparation for Financial Fictions English class (required a short, 2 page writing)
- gym project
- 7 page paper also for Financial Fictions
- 6 page working draft for Shakespeare — this I still have to finish for tomorrow…
- Project on non-Western dance in society for Theory and Philosophy of dance — if you are desperate for something to do, you can view my slideshow about Filipino dance
- other sundry writings, none of which I finished
Homework isn’t all business. This is probably my favorite Youtube video I found while watching loads of Filipino dances. The dance is Itik Itik, a “duck dance” which in its most entertaining version seems to require small children dressed in yellow. Watch the poor girl in the back; she just stands there crying.
I don’t know why, but I love that video. I’ve probably been writing too many papers. Despite all the work, I very much enjoyed my vacation. Now it’s back to campus! And for me, back to Shakespeare writing before studying for my Teaching Analysis of Classical Ballet midterm.