When I was applying schools, what I really wanted to know was what I’d be doing day in and day out. Thus we have… Anatomy of a Friday. Today’s schedule:
- 8:10 am I woke up late and scrabbled a bit to have breakfast and get to class…
- 9 am Dance history. We all presented our projects. Most groups got really into it and dressed up. Two girls even drew mustaches on to dance the man’s role! One group presented the pyrrhic Buffen’s Dance: There were aluminum foil swords and shields. Oh yes.
- 10 am Work out a bit in the body conditioning room in the basement of Lilly Hall. Go to the library and check out some books for my Irish Literature class. Buy a wrap from C-Club with my Dawg Bucks and have half of it for the first half of my lunch.
- 11 am Physics class. I survived my first test! Now we are just starting a unit on special dynamics. We had what I call a “history moment,” in which the professor introduces each new unit with a bit of history. He asked us who the three greatest scientists were. Can you guess?
- noon Finish lunch. Get ready for ballet class.
- 12:20 pm Ballet technique class.
- 2 pm Modern class.
- 3:30 pm Work in the costume shop.
- 4 pm Read on a bench outside to enjoy the beautiful weather. Go back to the library to return one book and check out three more.
- 5 pm Back into Lilly Hall to run my Student Choreography rehearsal. We finished the dance!! Yaaaaay! This is extremely exciting. Sunday, we will perform it in costume to get the lighting design set. Look for updates on that process in a bit.
- 7 pm Return to apartment. Make a frittata. Eat frittata. Read a bit of Dune–I know, I know. Reading for pleasure. In college. Scandalous.
- 9 pm Grocery trip with a friend across the hall. Have deep and meaningful conversation.
- 10 pm Unpack groceries. Succumb to jaunty yellow bag of peanut M&Ms.
- 10:45 pm Write blog post. Think longingly of sleep.