Schwitzer Hall is the all-female, freshmen residence hall on Butler’s campus. I lived there with a roommate my first year at Butler. Last post, I compared Schwitzer to ResCo (where I lived as a sophomore). A bit more about Schwitzer:
- Three floors (plus a basement), four units on each floor. The first floor, for example, was 1 West, 1 North West, 1 East, and 1 North East.
- Laundry room in the basement.
- Only a service elevator.
- Communal bathrooms, one for each unit.
- Mostly doubles, but singles and triples are available.
- Mostly new students, but I remember a unit of sophomores in the basement.
- Main lobby with mailboxes, front desk, piano, chairs, and restrooms.
- Extremely sociable… at least my unit was!
Here are some of the activities I remember from my freshmen days with my Schwitzer unit, 1W (or “one dubb,” as we liked to say).
If you are about to move in to Schwitzer, you are indeed set to have a fun first semester.