So what do I do all day during BSI?
There’s always, always breakfast with a mug of tea, followed by work on BSI. Ballet happens at some point, and cooking adventures occur in the evenings. I attend BSI lunches every Wednesday and other BSI programming every Tuesday, plus other BSI events.
BSI events I’ve attended:
- First Fridays
- Volunteering with Keep Indianapolis Beautiful
- Meet with a Kaplan rep to talk about the GRE
- Indianapolis Indians baseball game, with fireworks at the end
Other things I’ve done:
- Take a practice GRE
- Study for the GRE. Relearn special triangles.
- Skype with my mentor, who is traveling in Australia
- Discover there is a GRE English Subject Test. Freak out.
- Make extensive use of Butler’s Interlibrary Loan system.
- Play card games and Apples to Apples
- Dinner with friends
- Big Bang Theory
- Wii night at the Apartment Village’s Dawghouse
- Bingo night at the Dawghouse
- Ballet, ballet
- Explore Broad Ripple and taste truly excellent avocado eggs
But more than anything, I write, I read, I write some more. I discover that I shouldn’t really be longer than 25 pages and groan, because I’m set to pass that sooner or later. So I sit down and trim the excess wordiness, verbosity, prolixity, pleonasm, and garrulity. Research is what BSI is all about, and if you are good at self-motivation, this is definitely the program for you.