There are many projects currently revolving around Olivia-world. Things I am doing:
- Student Choreography. Like mad.
- Dance history project. We are reconstructing and presenting a Renaissance dance from Thoinot Arbeau’s Orchesographie. Here’s the dance we are researching, though Irwin Library’s copy isn’t in French. It was all I could trouver.
- A circle and a sweater. I am slowly knitting these two objects. If I continue at my current rate of three rows a week on the sweater and half a round a week on the circle, I’ll be done by the time I graduate from Butler! Go me!
- Notice that learning Welsh is not included in the list. I admit that sometimes I listen to Learn Welsh podcasts while I work out, but even that has been recently replaced by my ceaseless work on Student Choreography. It’s Art Pepper for me all the way, man.
- Papers. I need to start writing my big research paper for my Irish Literature class. ASAP.
- Cooking. Yesterday I made Caribbean Black Beans from my Moosewood cookbook. Basically, you heat beans in a pan with some herbs, some onion, and a bit of orange juice. Pretty good.