While I love my family I find it funny at times at the things they don’t know about applications on the iPhone. It is interesting to me how many applications there are and how many college students it takes in a matter of seconds for everyone to find it.
For example, currently there is a ton of people using snapchat, which I mentioned in my last blog. Snapchat is an application where you can take a picture and send it to your friend, but the picture only last how long you want it to. If you decide you want the picture to show for 5 seconds it shows for 5 seconds, and then disappears. You can never see the photo again after that. This has basically caused an entire outburst of the most unattractive photos that you could ever take.
When I explained to my mom what snapchat was she related it to Mission Impossible and said “oh it’s like mission impossible it self destructs in 3,2,1… boom.” Yes my mom also did the sound effects with it. My sister on the other hand doesn’t understand why snapchat is even used or the purposed and says that we are crazy. I haven’t even tried to explain this to my dad, because I’m worried about how long the explanation will take, and my brother is pretty much stuck in parentville.
Once I find out another application I am sure that will be all the rage and that snapchat will soon be forgotten, but for now you might want to try snapchat. Just in case you’re confused here’s a video on how to use snapchat.
I honestly have no idea how I lived without an iPhone before I had one. I have my entire life on my iPhone from a day planner to memories of thousands of pictures to having every possible app that provides information on gas prices, banking, and all kinds of other things. Although when I realize half the things that happen to my iPhone I take for granted all the things I could be missing out on if I were to break my iPhone.
This weekend could have been one of those times where I completely demolished my phone. Unfortunately the genius I am I dropped my phone in the toilet. Why I bring my phone every where I could not explain to you, but it did fall into the toilet, and shockingly it is still working. This is all thanks to using an insane blow dryer and rice. Without those two things I’m sure my phone would be demolished right now.
The bag of rice that saved my phone!
On top of that my phone gets dropped all the time, and shockingly I have no scratches or shatters on my iPhone at all. I hope by saying all this I don’t jinx myself, but basically I’m really grateful that my iPhone is taking all of this like a champ, because I think my sister might kill me the next time something insane happens.
Until then I would just like to say take care of your iPhone, they aren’t cheap and as I am beginning to realize not everyone is as lucky as me!
Last Thursday I turned 19! I’m so thankful that I have made it through 19 years, I’m sure my parents can’t believe it. On my 19th though my sister got me an iPhone! I was so excited, she gave me the option between iPhone and rain boots. I am not going to lie I really did consider the rain boots… Seriously though look how cute these are.
Anyway now that I have an iPhone my addictions to certain things have become worse. For example, I’m on Twitter a lot more now. I’m not even tweeting more I’m just looking and reading tweets more. Before my phone had an app for Twitter but it took forever to upload, and so now with my iPhone the app is so much faster.
For a student on Butler campus I think having a twitter is such a good idea! You find out so many things through following Butler twitters. These are the twitters I follow from Butler with an explanation as to what they tweet about or why I follow them!
- @butleru: This twitter mostly keeps me updated on things going on around campus. They always say Happy Monday. I’m not going to lie I enjoy seeing that tweet!
- @butlerHRC: This twitter is from our Heath & Recreation Complex. They are fun to follow because they let you know when there are free massages or when a special event is going!
- @butlerMBB: This is Butler’s Men Basketball Team twitter. They keep you updated on scores or anything going on with players!
- @ButlerBlue2: Obviously this is an awesome twitter. It’s our mascot! Who doesn’t love Blue 2? Get a daily dosage of his craziness… I think he has a busier schedule than me.
- @ButlerPrez: This the twitter of our new President, Mr. Danko. I think it’s important to keep up with what he’s doing for campus!
- @gobutleru: This twitter is for admissions! Whether a current student or incoming student I think it’s still nice to know what’s going on!
- @SGAatBU: SGA stands for Student Government Association they plan a lot of things on campus and give out free stuff! Who doesn’t want free stuff?!
- @LevesterJohnson: This is the tweet of our VP of Student Affairs, once again more free stuff! You never know what he has up his sleeve.
So no matter what your interest, whether it be student government, sports, or maybe following a dog, Butler’s got you covered! Just make sure it doesn’t distract you to the point where you aren’t doing any work…. Happy Tuesday!
This is a video where Jimmy Kimmel told parents to tell their children they ate all their Halloween candy… who knew kids got so emotional over candy!