Sorry I haven’t posted in a while, I was just away getting older. Let me explain. This past weekend I turned 21. To my parents I think it was the day they thought would never come. For me it was the best day of my life. As any typical 21 year old would do I went to the bars with some of my closest friends. There are some really nice things when it comes to going out as someone who is 21 at Butler.
At Butler we have a really close area called Broad Ripple, which is where most of the bars are besides the downtown area. Butler provides a shuttle system that takes students back and forth to Broad Ripple. It’s free for students and it doesn’t just have to be used for after 21 plans, it can be used for just going to grab a bite to eat or hang out with friends in Broad Ripple!
Besides turning 21 it was also my sister’s baby shower. I was so excited to see my sister and watch her open all of her gifts for baby Sophia. It’s so crazy to see all the different aspects that my family is in right now. I’m turning 21 ready to take on the world, and my sister is about to have her first child. Opposite ends of the spectrum but still a lot of happy times right now in my life! I’m so thankful to have survived another year! Did I mention the Colts won for me? Happy 21 to me!
Tagged: 21, baby, baby shower, birthday, Broad Ripple, butler, Colts, Indianapolis, shuttle, sister, university
This past Saturday I turned 20, and all I could think about is how old I am getting. Now if you are a parent, grandparent, or just anyone over 20 reading this I realize that you may think this is ridiculous, but it’s hard to believe that I’ve been around for two decades.
For my birthday I went to Indiana University to see some of my best friends. My best friend, Sara, also went with me from Purdue. I was so glad that I got to spend time with them and just be around people that I have known anywhere from 4-8 years. That was on the Friday before my birthday! On Saturday my actual birthday I came back to Butler to be with my friends here. I also went out to dinner with my sister and her husband. It was a lot of fun and of course I got one of my favorite foods, SUSHI! On Sunday, I went to the Colts game with my dad, and basically my second family mark and jake. It was a lot of fun and it was a colts win, so who can’t get excited about that!
In the end I realize I’m not that old and still have a long road ahead of me, but it’s weird not to be a teenager anymore.
Last Thursday I turned 19! I’m so thankful that I have made it through 19 years, I’m sure my parents can’t believe it. On my 19th though my sister got me an iPhone! I was so excited, she gave me the option between iPhone and rain boots. I am not going to lie I really did consider the rain boots… Seriously though look how cute these are.
Anyway now that I have an iPhone my addictions to certain things have become worse. For example, I’m on Twitter a lot more now. I’m not even tweeting more I’m just looking and reading tweets more. Before my phone had an app for Twitter but it took forever to upload, and so now with my iPhone the app is so much faster.
For a student on Butler campus I think having a twitter is such a good idea! You find out so many things through following Butler twitters. These are the twitters I follow from Butler with an explanation as to what they tweet about or why I follow them!
- @butleru: This twitter mostly keeps me updated on things going on around campus. They always say Happy Monday. I’m not going to lie I enjoy seeing that tweet!
- @butlerHRC: This twitter is from our Heath & Recreation Complex. They are fun to follow because they let you know when there are free massages or when a special event is going!
- @butlerMBB: This is Butler’s Men Basketball Team twitter. They keep you updated on scores or anything going on with players!
- @ButlerBlue2: Obviously this is an awesome twitter. It’s our mascot! Who doesn’t love Blue 2? Get a daily dosage of his craziness… I think he has a busier schedule than me.
- @ButlerPrez: This the twitter of our new President, Mr. Danko. I think it’s important to keep up with what he’s doing for campus!
- @gobutleru: This twitter is for admissions! Whether a current student or incoming student I think it’s still nice to know what’s going on!
- @SGAatBU: SGA stands for Student Government Association they plan a lot of things on campus and give out free stuff! Who doesn’t want free stuff?!
- @LevesterJohnson: This is the tweet of our VP of Student Affairs, once again more free stuff! You never know what he has up his sleeve.
So no matter what your interest, whether it be student government, sports, or maybe following a dog, Butler’s got you covered! Just make sure it doesn’t distract you to the point where you aren’t doing any work…. Happy Tuesday!
This is a video where Jimmy Kimmel told parents to tell their children they ate all their Halloween candy… who knew kids got so emotional over candy!