Katie ’15 RSS feed

Hi I'm Katie, I am a junior at Butler. I am a Strategic Communication major with a focus in Public Relations. I love being involved in campus and hold positions in College Mentors for Kids and Dawg Pound. I am also a Butler Student Ambassador, Morton Finney Scholar, and a member of Pi Beta Phi. I am huge Indy sports fan! Currently I am studying abroad in Sydney Australia!

Katie

The Great Ocean Road and Twelve Apostles

While mindlessly walking through Melbourne was a lot of fun I really wanted to see something that I have heard so much about and seen so many pictures of. So on my third day in Melbourne I went to see the Great Ocean Road and the Twelve Apostles or what is left of the Twelve Apostles. The Twelve Apostles is a group of limestone stacks that were formed by erosion. However, there are no longer twelve. Instead, there are now eight due to stacks falling.

Twelve Apostles. The rocks that are directly in the front were once large stacks, but have now fallen leaving only 8 of the 12 left!

Whether eight or twelve they are still amazing. All day I saw different viewpoints of the Twelve Apostles. With each view my pictures became more and more beautiful. I absolutely loved it. It was a bit windy on the day we went, but we lucked out. At the start of the day it looked like it was going to be a rainy day, but our tour guide assured us that it would all go away and that it would be sunny. He was right. By midday we had all sun!

In between viewpoints I did a lot of other things as well. One of the things I did was hold a King Parrot! Our tour guide had bird seeds so we fed the birds all around us. Two landed right on my arm to eat out of my hand! While others had birds flying all around them my bird decided to stay on my arm the whole time. I guess my new calling in life is to be a bird whisper. However, I will not be leaving Butler to pursue this goal. The crazy thing is that these birds on the black market go for $40000!

Decided to name the bird Larry, only to find out it was a girl... #awkward.

Decided to name the bird Larry, only to find out it was a girl… #awkward.

I loved Melbourne, but being able to get out of the city was just what I needed!

14 Responses to The Great Ocean Road and Twelve Apostles

1. Jery says:

Needed to create you one very small word to be able to give many thanks as before for your breathtaking suggestions you’ve shown above. It has been really seriously open-handed of people like you to make freely all a number of people could possibly have offered for sale for an e-book to generate some cash for themselves, even more so now that you could have tried it if you desired. The things also served like a good way to be sure that some people have the identical desire much like mine to learn way more with respect to this problem. I’m sure there are several more pleasant moments ahead for many who examine your blog.

2. Paul G says:

I understand people buying small fishes for thousands of dollars–at least that one-they get to eat it… But for a bird you’d never get top eat?Hmmm…Lol

3. kursi rotan says:

makasih tuk semua infonya

4. sofa rotan says:

thank’s for the information

5. sofa rotan says:

thank’s for this information, great post
    by sofa rotan .

6. Thank you for the great pics! I looks like this was a ton of fun.

7. antenistas tv generally can feel incredibly intricate however if you are using the guidelines we have discussed before, you should be in a position to get a pretty good concept of what exactly is going on.

8. There are numerous things you could learn if you want to know more about the topic of Essential Oils for Anxiety. When you have some specific goals in mind, though, you need to keep at least one eye on the fundamental principles. The material we have provided in these paragraphs can help get you started but to actually discover more about this subject you must check out the information that this website has published about it. You obviously, however, have a variety of approaches here and there are several different sites you can go through, like this website.

9. We concentrate on Sea and Air Freight Shipping, European Logistics and Bulk Haulage.

10. We can offer you practical affordable solutions for your Hydro Demolition requirements.
    Surface Preparation

11. Whether there is a design ready or need one creating in CAD, whether you’ll need a specific component or possibly a whole product metal pressed, assembled and handle – we’re the right choice to suit your needs!
    Metal Fabrication Service

12. We manufacture and purchase a variety of shelters and walkways for the UK, effectively providing a safe, dry area for commercial buildings.
    Smoking Shelters Installation

13. Aidiaa says:

You are beautifull :D greetings from indonesia