Katie ’15 RSS feed

Hi I'm Katie, I am a junior at Butler. I am a Strategic Communication major with a focus in Public Relations. I love being involved in campus and hold positions in College Mentors for Kids and Dawg Pound. I am also a Butler Student Ambassador, Morton Finney Scholar, and a member of Pi Beta Phi. I am huge Indy sports fan! Currently I am studying abroad in Sydney Australia!

Katie

Melbourne: Welcome to the Maze

After visiting Cairns for a week I went to Melbourne for my last week of mid semester break. Melbourne was amazing and I’m pretty sure I like it more than Sydney. Sydney is all over the place. What I mean is that Melbourne is on a grid system so it is a lot easier to find streets whereas Sydney not so much. More than that Melbourne just seemed way more cultural than Sydney and I really enjoyed that.

Unlike Cairns my roommate and I didn’t have much planned, so we went with the flow for the most part and tried to look for things we were interested in. On the first day we went to St. Paul’s Cathedral and St. Patrick’s Cathedral. They were both gorgeous. St. Patrick’s is extremely big. The photos I have don’t give it justice in the how big it was. Each cathedral had such amazing history and background so it was really cool to see that in the middle of Melbourne.

St. Paul's Cathedral

St. Paul’s Cathedral

I also went to the Olympic park and saw the many different stadiums Melbourne has to offer. Melbourne is huge in sports so it kind of reminded me of Indianapolis! It’s insane to me how crazy cricket is here. They had a stadium larger than Lucas Oil for cricket! On the other side of things I also got to see a lot of art. In Melbourne there are two streets you can go to that are solely for graffiti artists. Some of the graffiti was a little creepy, but for the most part everywhere you looked there was something new to look at. I absolutely loved it.

Hosier Lane in Melbourne.

Hosier Lane in Melbourne.

The maze of Melbourne is awesome. Every corner you turn there is something new to find. Some new pub or restaurant or store that can bring a whole new experience to you. My next blog I’ll share with you guys my day tour to the twelve apostles! I hope everyone back home is making it through finals!

13 Responses to Melbourne: Welcome to the Maze

1. Diabetes says:

nice tof thank u ;)

2. Streaming says:

Thanks a lot for the share, have a nice day.

3. pinterest says:

Whether you’re a business or personal brand, you should definitely pay attention to Pinterest.
    Google+ is a social networking site that has a range of different features that you can use to connect with
    patients and other healthcare professionals.
    It’s not always easy, but if the material is for something truly
    important, it’s the wisest step to take.

4. St. Paul’s Cathedral is very nice

5. MarkStengler says:

Doctor Mark Stengler is a world-renowned practitioner of Naturopathic Medicine. He has been practicing both conventional and holistic medicine for more than 15 years. He has also treated thousands of patients at his clinic which is sometimes called the Stengler Center of Integrative Medicine. To those that are familiar with him http://www.youtube.com/user/mstengler and his works, he could be better known as America’s Natural Doctor.

6. Sacramento says:

Lawyers are usually a subject of jokes, particularly when referring to somebody who is spineless, cold-hearted, and whatnot. These poor everyone is often put in the same light as car salesmen. Some would the world is way better without them, but lawyers and law firms are in reality property rights attorney additional necessary than most would think. Besides the usual participation inside the courtroom, they could also serve in more common issues.

7. ht1100 says:

Hughes owns and operates service businesses throughout the U.S.

8. baccarat says:

It is often a game http://www.livebaccarat.com.au/?gameid=11 that has three types – baccarat banque, baccarat chemin de fer, and punto banco.

9. Getting the right insurance to pay for an individual, their home, health, assets, business, family, etc, is surely an ongoing procedure that Coeur d Alene Insurance needs to be reviewed at different stages in your life. The importance of insurance in modern economies is unquestioned and contains been renowned for centuries. Insurance is practically essential to business activity and enterprise. But insurance also serves an extensive public interest far beyond its role in business affairs as well as protection of a big part in the country’s wealth. It is the essential means by which the disaster to a person is shared by many, the disaster to your community is shared by other communities; great catastrophes are thereby lessened, and, might be, repaired.

10. Given the expensiveness of the latest cars along with the accelerating rate of depreciation of new vehicles, buying a well used car may be an excellent solution. After all, you get to save money as well as Schad Oldtimer Erfahrungsbericht drive a fantastic vehicle. How much more can you ask for? However, buying a pre-owned car is difficult. You need to look in order to ensure that you’re making the proper purchase plus avoid getting duped. In simple terms, we have been just asking that you invest commitment to choose an excellent model even when you are buying pre-owned car. After all, the final thing that you want is usually to spend money on a non-functional vehicle.

11. Tuition says:

Here’s a tip on how you can study smart for the upcoming Mid Year Exams:

Find a relationship between information and items around you or common to you.

Come up with analogies to increase your understanding.

E.g. Compare neurons with waves on a string. Make metaphors comparing parts of a brain with sections of your computer.

This help you remember and recall what you have learnt.

Proudly brought to you by

12. I’m also pretty sure I like it more than Sydney as More than that Melbourne just seemed way more cultural than Sydney and I really enjoyed that.
    đất bình dương