Katie ’15 RSS feed

Hi I'm Katie, I am a junior at Butler. I am a Strategic Communication major with a focus in Public Relations. I love being involved in campus and hold positions in College Mentors for Kids and Dawg Pound. I am also a Butler Student Ambassador, Morton Finney Scholar, and a member of Pi Beta Phi. I am huge Indy sports fan! Currently I am studying abroad in Sydney Australia!

Katie

When You Have An Asian Mother

It starts to get funny when I can hear my mom’s accent come out through text messages. For example, the other night my mom texted me a picture of our cat with evil looking eyes. She continued to go on and explain to me how the cat escaped, so I suggested that maybe the cat is not happy with life. My mom thought that was a ridiculous statement. She then went on to tell me what happened. If you are friends with my on Facebook then you already know the story, but if not here is what my mom texted me word for word. I changed nothing about this text. This is 100% my mom.

“Hey you must be boring since you don’t live with me. So I give you a story. Mikan did a great escape last night. After I went to bed he got up on kitchen counter and tore screen. I left window open about 5-6 inches. And he got through the opening and went to patio, I think. I don’t think he fell to the ground. Anyways, he usually come to my bed in the morning and greet me but this morning he didn’t. But I didn’t think anything of it. Then I went to kitchen and saw screen was torn. First I thought maybe stray cat tore the screen and came inside. But then I heard meaw from outside. I thought “is that Mikan? Nah” but I didn’t see Mikan anywhere so I opened sliding door a little and looked outside, he was there in a corner curled up. I went out and tried to pick him up, but he meawed so loud and ran away form me but not too far so I opened door wider and told him to go in then he went in. but he was meawing so loud for a while. Maybe he had a scary experience last night. I hope he had his lesson! (ghost emoji, eggplant emoji, grin emoji)”

Mikan is our cat who decided to escape. That’s my mom for you. If you think I’m funny you mine as well just thank my mom for my comedy, because all my jokes are based off her. I’m not laughing at her I’m laughing with her…. literally my mom laughs at her own jokes. Gotta love my mom.

My mom doing the Asian pose.

34 Responses to When You Have An Asian Mother

1. thank from information… thank you the information nice

2. Bok Box Bayi says:

thank from information, so thank yo ,,,

3. beautiful the secound paragraf

4. is the best teh article

5. waow,,, awesome the article. thank you

6. nice the information. thank

7. I hope that you make this information useful to all people.
    thank you.

8. Tempat Tidur says:

hai … I’m from Indonesia.
    information loaded very cool.
    I really like. thank you.

9. nice the article. thank you veri matc from information is the best

10. I strongly disagree with the content of this article.
    thank you for providing materials to read highly qualified.
    I wait for the next article.

11. Kursi Tamu says:

hay, i’am mebel Jepara. thank you for beautiful this information. see you next time

12. nice the information, so thank’s you for this information is the best.

13. thanks for the info, very useful to me.
    Warm greetings from Indonesia.

14. Tempat Tidur says:

thanks for the content of articles that are very interesting to read. familiar greeting from Indonesia.

15. so I suggested that maybe the cat is not happy with life. My mom thought that was a ridiculous statement.

16. So I give you a story. Mikan did a great escape last night. After I went to bed he got up on kitchen counter and tore screen. I left window open about 5-6 inches. And he got through the opening and went to patio, I think. I don’t think he fell to the ground. Anyways, he usually come to my bed in the morning and greet me but this morning he didn’t. But I didn’t think anything of it. Then I went

17. Anyways, he usually come to my bed in the morning and greet me but this morning he didn’t.

18. Maybe he had a scary experience last night. I hope he had his lesson! (ghost emoji, eggplant emoji, grin emoji)”

19. My mom thought that was a ridiculous statement. She then went on to tell me what happened.

20. But I didn’t think anything of it. Then I went to kitchen and saw screen was torn. First I thought maybe stray cat tore the screen and came inside. But then I heard meaw from outside.

21. “Hey you must be boring since you don’t live with me. So I give you a story. Mikan did a great escape last night.

22. That’s my mom for you. If you think I’m funny you mine as well just thank my mom for my comedy, because all my jokes are based off her. I’m not laughing at her I’m laughing with her…. literally my mom laughs at her own jokes. Gotta love my mom.

23. I changed nothing about this text. This is 100% my mom.

24. but I didn’t see Mikan anywhere so I opened sliding door a little and looked outside, he was there in a corner curled up

25. If you think I’m funny you mine as well just thank my mom for my comedy, because all my jokes are based off her.

26. I went out and tried to pick him up, but he meawed so loud and ran away form me but not too far so I opened door wider and told him to go in then he went in.

27. She continued to go on and explain to me how the cat escaped, so I suggested that maybe the cat is not happy with life. My mom thought that was a ridiculous statement.

28. In case you didn’t know I am half Japanese. My mom is from Japan, and although she doesn’t think so she has an accent, but it makes everything ten times better.

29. kursi tamu says:

i can believe you

30. This can be impressive. Solitary checked out this gesture substance when we are bowled over. We are most certainly interested in this sort of gear. We appreciate member’s pointers, and significance your precious time in this. Please keep updating

31. Kristen Raves says:

So, I need to meet your mother. She sounds hilarious. I can’t believe she put that all in one text…

Thanks for your awesome family stories, they make me giggle.

32. Web Hosting says:

Do you know Japanese?

33. Kursi Kantor says:

Hi Katie… me from asia Indonesia,your mom from japan?? wow, i think japan was a great country..anyway nice to meet you.