Katie ’15 RSS feed

Hi I'm Katie, I am a junior at Butler. I am a Strategic Communication major with a focus in Public Relations. I love being involved in campus and hold positions in College Mentors for Kids and Dawg Pound. I am also a Butler Student Ambassador, Morton Finney Scholar, and a member of Pi Beta Phi. I am huge Indy sports fan! Currently I am studying abroad in Sydney Australia!

Katie

Broad Ripple Ink

Yesterday I went with my friend Hank to see him get his tattoo. I was expecting this whole Miami Ink experience, but instead I left feeling freaked out and scared.

Hank getting his tattoo at Metamorphosis in Broad Ripple!

First off seeing Hank just lay there with blood all over his arm was awesome… not. I really don’t mind blood I just never realized how much you bleed when you get a tattoo. I think when watching Miami Ink you are so distracted by what is actually going on with the person’s background story that you just focus solely on that and don’t realize the blood that is going on.

Second, that noise of the needle hitting the skin is a turn on for Hank, but for me is a complete turn off. It just sounds terrible and it sounds like I’m in a weird scientific laboratory about to get worked on. Also seeing Hank’s face every time the tattoo artist hit a sensitive spot brought pain to me, and I was not even getting the tattoo. I just kept telling Hank that I’m glad it was him and not me… I’m such a good friend. :)

I’m sure this post will thrill my parents in knowing they don’t have to worry about tattoos on me. I’m way too indecisive about what I would get and also it freaks me out now. I’ll stick to piercings! Anyway, Hank’s tattoo turned out really well and I like it a lot!

Hank's finished tattoo!

24 Responses to Broad Ripple Ink

1. kamalesh says:

Nice blog on impact of tatoo on skin of an human.

2. Palash says:

This is really scary and very painful to make tattoo on our body.

3. trioworldschool says:

I am really happy for being studying in one of the International school in Bangalore. There are many international schools in India, but i do not know how they are bestowing education to the students. Surely i am telling to the parents to develop good knowledge and communication skills with an Luxurious life for your children’s just put in trioworldschool in Bangalore, India.

4. Jodhpur Trends is best Jodhpur furniture providers. purchase beds, chairs at only available in Jodhpur Trends placed at Jodhpur Rajastan, India.

5. presidency says:

Presidency college is providing best education for the students. Conducting campus interview with lots of MN C’s, 99 % students placed in B-schools in Bangalore.

6. Your Tattoo is looking amazing

7. Its a very nice tattoos to look.

8. Star tattoos i really love it

9. Tattoos image is looking nice..

10. i really love it image tattoo

11. It’s a super tatoo, i love it.

12. great friends i loved it ….

13. Great friendship with Tattoo….

14. Hank’s tattoo turned out really stunning. I like it a lot.

15. Hank’s tattoo looks stunning.

16. Madhukar says:

Your Tattoo is looking cool..

17. Good post and straight to the point. I am not sure if this is really the best place to ask but do you people have any ideea where to get some professional writers? Thx

18. Mark Lee says:

Your Tattoo is looking pretty good.

19. Katie says:

Papa P – He loves his tattoos, but like father like son I guess! As long as they mean something to him I don’t mind, but after this experience I will be staying tattooless.

Uncle Mike – Looks like me and my mom will be the only tattooless ones between me, aiko, joe, dad, and mom!

Kristen – Hank’s parents are like my second parents, and butler fans! and my uncle mike just likes to make sure I keep my head on straight! :)

20. Dear Butler Admission this house is a big Katie fan and a Bulldog owning, daughter alumni and sport fans. Go Dawgs!

PS Hank is a Little Giant at Wabash pretty proud of all my kids.

21. Butler Admission says:

I love that both Hanks dad and your uncle commented on this post:)

22. Katie's Uncle says:

I always knew my niece was sharp ;)

Well done.

Your Uncle Down South

23. You are a great friend please try to get him in line.
    Love ya kid