Katie ’15 RSS feed

Hi I'm Katie, I am a junior at Butler. I am a Strategic Communication major with a focus in Public Relations. I love being involved in campus and hold positions in College Mentors for Kids and Dawg Pound. I am also a Butler Student Ambassador, Morton Finney Scholar, and a member of Pi Beta Phi. I am huge Indy sports fan! Currently I am studying abroad in Sydney Australia!

Katie

It’s Not All About…

The money! College is not all about the money! On Thursday, I went back to my high school to visit some of my teachers and see how were they doing. While I was there I saw a lot of the now, upperclassmen, that I used to be in yearbook with and some other extracurricular activities. It was only last year that I was in their position looking at colleges and trying to decide where to go. Now, as many of them continue to look and find out what is the best fit for them they all had one thing to say about Butler, “It is too expensive!”

I thought the same thing before coming to Butler. I never thought there would be anyway my parents or myself would be able to afford Butler, but I never let that be a deciding factor. I applied to 5 private schools and 2 public and although my parents thought I was crazy and would never get the money for private I found a way. Private schools are just as attainable as public. Even though the economy may be doing bad, there is so much money floating around in scholarships, grants, and so on. If there is anything that comes out of this rant, DO NOT let money make your decision.

As long as you work hard, and know your goals you can achieve anything you want. That may sound extremely cheesy but it’s true. I knew I wanted a private school, and I knew that no matter what I would have to search for the money, but with Butler the money found me. My admissions counselor saw that I met the criteria for a scholarship and I was invited to attend an interview. In the end I received the scholarship.

College is a big decision, but don’t allow your decision to come solely down to money. Now I have to get back to studying!

Yesterday Butler basketball had their first official practice! Check out this video about Ronald Nored as they follow him through the season!

YouTube Preview Image

18 Responses to It’s Not All About…

1. Schools9 says:

Great video. He is my favorite basketball player of all time!

2. Manabadi says:

He is my favorite basketball player of all time! Great video:)

3. Venus says:

Hi there mates, how is all, and what you would like to say
    concerning this post, in my view its truly remarkable designed for me.

My website homepage (Venus)

4. Morris says:

I loved as much as you’ll receive carried out right here.
    The sketch is tasteful, your authored material stylish.

nonetheless, you command get got an edginess over that you wish be delivering the following.
    unwell unquestionably come more formerly again
    as exactly the same nearly very often inside case you shield this increase.

5. DarbnNin says:

“Its really nice. This page contain a huge amount of material. I think it would be more and more effective for all.
    Personally I like this job. Thank you for sharing. ”
    stock quotes

6. SamuiChi says:

wow, awesome article post.Really looking forward to read more. Really Great.
    stock screener

7. YarianCoz says:

Nice posting. Thank you for sharing with us. Keep it up………
    stock charts

8. Very nice video.. fun to watch

9. Ryan Delotch says:

Great Video….Great basketball University

10. Amruta says:

Very positive thought. Yes we need to have hope and go ahead.

11. http://www.furnco.net.au/
    What a lovely forum page. I’ll undoubtedly be back again. Please maintain writing!

12. jmach says:

Thanks for your advice Kaite. I will do like that

13. Mens Boxers says:

Great advise you have there wish someone could of told me earlier

14. Mens Boxers says:

Great advice. I had to struggle to get through uni

15. Praveen says:

Whoo my favorite Basketball Player here in this video. Thanks alot. All the best from my side Katie.

16. mike ahuja says:

katie, from what i just read, i think you are gonna do just fine after college…best of luck you :) …dont worry so much about money but rather about doing things that make you happy…and going after your dreams

17. Kristen Raves says:

He is my favorite basketball player of all time! Great video:)

18. Olivia says:

Great advice, Katie — I definitely agree! Sometimes things just don’t work out… but often they do, and you can’t know what will happen unless you go ahead and apply.