Summer is a great time for rising juniors and seniors to start visiting colleges. Trying to squeeze in campus visits during the school year can be difficult with everything else that is already on your plate. That is why we invite you to join us for Butler 101 in June, July, or August.
Butler 101 is a great way to learn more about all that Butler University has to offer. During this event, you will get to experience an admission and financial aid presentation, student-led campus tour, and cookout with current students and faculty. Faculty and staff from every department will be on hand to discuss all things Butler and answer your questions. We hope that you stop by Butler’s beautiful campus this summer to get a glimpse of what college life is like at BU.
9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Friday, June 21
Friday, June 28
Friday, July 19
Friday, July 26
Friday, August 2
Friday, August 9
Register now for this unique opportunity to visit Butler. Space is limited for each date, so register early!
Tagged: admission, aid, bulldogs, butler, campus, cookout, counselor, financial, indianapolis, indy, junior, presentation, senior, student, summer, tour, university, visit
An integral part of deciding which college you want to attend is to see if it is a good fit. Going on a college visit can help you determine if a school is the right place for you. We understand that visiting colleges may not be possible for everyone, but it can be extremely helpful when making your final selection. With Explore Butler visits happening every Monday through Saturday and Junior Preview Days just around the corner, we’ve complied a list of the “Top 10 Reasons to Visit Butler University”:
- You get to actually see our beautiful campus firsthand. Pictures and videos are cool, but there’s nothing quite like experiencing it for yourself.
- Butler is home to historic Hinkle Fieldhouse. The fieldhouse has reigned as one of the nation’s great sports arenas for more than six decades. This classic facility was constructed in 1928 and was the nation’s largest basketball arena at that time. The legendary building has stood the test of time, maintaining the splendor, character, and atmosphere that made it one of the nation’s most famous basketball arenas nearly a century ago. Hinkle Fieldhouse is also home to the Milan Miracle, the memorable 1954 victory of tiny Milan High School over the much larger Muncie Central. The film Hoosiers, loosely based on that event, used Hinkle Fieldhouse when filming the climactic game of the popular movie.
- Indianapolis is just minutes from downtown Indianapolis, the 12th largest city in the nation. The Colts and Pacers play just a few miles from campus. Downtown Indy also boasts rock concerts, the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra, Broadway shows, art galleries, shopping, museums, and every kind of restaurant imaginable!
- Current students will guide you around campus. Chances are you will get to know your tour guide pretty well, which gives you the opportunity to build a network of friends almost instantly!
- Butler is home to one of the largest public observatories in the world. Holcomb Observatory houses a 38-inch Cassegrain reflectors, which makes it the largest observatory in Indiana.
- Butler University houses a Starbucks in the student union. Need we say more?
- You can experience Broad Ripple Village. This popular, eclectic section of the city is located just five minutes from campus and features boutiques, cafés, galleries, dozens of restaurants, and an exciting nightlife.
- We have the cutest mascots ever. Butler University has a long tradition of live mascots. Blue II and Blue III, often referred to as “Trip”, currently reign over the school. Visit the Doggie Bag to learn more about these adorable pooches.
- The Butler men’s basketball team is currently ranked No. 1 in the Atlantic 10 and No. 11 in the AP Poll. While there is more to Butler University than basketball (for example: 60+ majors, 140+ student clubs and activities, etc.), it’s still exciting to be a part of such a successful season.
- The Health and Recreation Complex has a lazy river. While you may not be able to try it out during your visit, you can enjoy all the perks of this amazing facility when you become a Butler student.
There you have it; our list of reasons you should visit Butler University. What are you waiting for? Schedule a visit today!
Tagged: atlantic 10, blue II, broad ripple, bullodgs, butler, campus, classes, downtown, hoosiers, indianapolis, majors, mascots, students, tour, university, visit