Summer is a great time for rising juniors and seniors to start visiting colleges. Trying to squeeze in campus visits during the school year can be difficult with everything else that is already on your plate. That is why we invite you to join us for Butler 101 in June, July, or August.
Butler 101 is a great way to learn more about all that Butler University has to offer. During this event, you will get to experience an admission and financial aid presentation, student-led campus tour, and cookout with current students and faculty. Faculty and staff from every department will be on hand to discuss all things Butler and answer your questions. We hope that you stop by Butler’s beautiful campus this summer to get a glimpse of what college life is like at BU.
9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Friday, June 21
Friday, June 28
Friday, July 19
Friday, July 26
Friday, August 2
Friday, August 9
Register now for this unique opportunity to visit Butler. Space is limited for each date, so register early!
Tagged: admission, aid, bulldogs, butler, campus, cookout, counselor, financial, indianapolis, indy, junior, presentation, senior, student, summer, tour, university, visit
Summer is a great time for rising juniors and seniors to get ahead of the game when it comes to the college search process. Make your summer count rather than sitting around an playing video games all day. Here’s a few ideas to make your summer as productive as possible:
- Get a job. Having a job is a great resume booster. It showcases your maturity, work ethic and dedication. Moreover, it gives you the chance to articulate what knowledge you have gained and the lessons learned on your college application.
- Prepare to retake the SAT and/or ACT. Register for the SAT or ACT as soon as possible. At Butler, we take your highest sub score from each exam and add those together for your final score. That way we review you at your best.
- Start working on your college application essay. We have posted the Butler University Application for Freshman Admission and Scholarships essay prompts on our website so you can get a head start this summer. This way you can edit and perfect your essay before you even fill out the application.
- Volunteer. Summer is not the time to sit around and catch up on episodes of Game of Thrones or Glee, rather it is the time to volunteer your services to help others. While you certainly deserve some downtime, don’t miss the opportunity to get involved outside of your home, explore your interests and build on your college resume.
- Visit colleges and universities. Summer is the perfect time for rising juniors and seniors to visit the schools that they are interested in. While the ideal time to visit a college is when classes are in session, the summer months are a convenient time for families to travel. Plus, it can be a good way to get a first look at a school and schedule a more individualized visit at a later date.
Tagged: application, bulldogs, butler, campus, indianapolis, indy, job, junior, resume, senior, summer, university, visit
This is the time of year when high school juniors (and even sophomores) need to start thinking about college visits. We encourage students to visit colleges and universities early on in their search process. By doing so, you can get a better understanding of what you are looking for in a higher education institution. Furthermore, this can help you save time. We often see that students start visiting schools after they’ve already applied. Visiting colleges and universities before you apply can help you narrow down your choices. It might even help you eliminate a few, ultimately, saving you time applying to schools you wouldn’t see yourself at.
We have Butler 101 events that rising juniors and seniors can attend this summer. Butler 101 is a great way to learn more about all that Butler University has to offer. At Butler 101, you will get to experience an admission and financial aid presentation, student-led campus tour and cookout with current students, faculty and admission counselors. Register now for this unique opportunity to visit Butler.
Butler 101 Visit Days:
9:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Friday, May 25
Friday, June 22
Friday, July 27
Friday, August 10
We hope to see you on campus this summer. Have questions? Contact your admission counselor or reach out to us on Facebook.