Choosing a college is about finding the right fit. You might be thinking, what does that really mean? Finding the perfect college or university is all about choosing the right academic program, the right location, the right size, the right community, and the right vibe. And, the only one who can decide if a college is right for you is YOU.
That’s why we’ve created Open House at Butler University. It’s a day for you to walk around campus, tour classrooms, speak with faculty in your area of interest, sit in on student panels and so much more. Most importantly though, imagine submerging yourself into what you’re most passionate about—imagine yourself learning, working, playing, volunteering and living at Butler University. So, come visit us in the heart of Indianapolis, take it all in, ask questions, get answers, and find out if Butler is the right fit for you.
Open House Dates:
8:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Saturday, September 22
11:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Monday, October 8
8:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Saturday, October 27
Space is limited so register for Open House today!
Tagged: admission, admit, bulldogs, butler, campus, class, college, dorm, freshman, indiana, indianapolis, indy, life, live, major, open house, res life, resco, residence, ross, schwitzer, university, visit
With classes beginning in just one week, incoming students are excited to move in and start their career at Butler University. Orientation is mandatory for all new students (this includes transfers) attending Butler University. It is designed to provide essential information about academic programs and requirements, student organizations and activities, and the wide range of campus resources, both academic and non-academic, available to our students. Most of all, orientation is intended to help new students connect with the campus community and to be well prepared for success.
Students can begin moving in on Saturday, August 20. Activities will be offered throughout the week to get students oriented with campus, classes, other bulldogs and more. Since there is simply too much going on to post on this blog, check out the orientation website for a complete Welcome Week schedule.
We can’t wait to see you on campus!
With Welcome Week just around the corner, there are a few things you might want to consider before arriving on campus. All of these important tasks can be completed through your my.butler.edu account.
Still not sure how to use my.butler.edu? Get all the answers on our website at www.butler.edu/it.
1. The “Academic Tools” section of my.butler.edu allows you to access Blackboard and library documents directly from the site. Blackboard is a site that houses all of the information you need for each class including notes, PowerPoint presentations, grades, assignments, discussion boards and so much more. You might want to familiarize yourself with Blackboard before arriving to your first class so that you can be fully prepared.
Access Blackboard from your my.butler.edu account.
2. The “Campus Services” portion of my.butler.edu houses the Butler Connection and the Butler Collegian for students. The Butler Connection gives updates about what is happening around campus on a daily basis. The Collegian is our award-winning student newspaper which provides the Butler community with coverage of newsworthy events.
Access the BUConnection for students through your my.butler.edu account
3. Thinking about getting a job at Butler University? Look no further than the “Employment” section of my.butler.edu. It lists everything from internship opportunities to job search tools to on-campus job openings.
Find a job on my.butler.edu
4. Are you bringing a car to campus? If so, you need to register your vehicle to receive your parking permit. The cost is only $60 for the entire year.
Register your vehicle through my.butler.edu
5. Finally, it is important that you review your class schedule and purchase your textbooks before arriving to class the first week of school. To print out a schedule or see which text books your professors require, click on “Self Service” then “Student Center”.
Review your schedule
Have questions? Let us know by emailing email@example.com.
*Please note that your my.butler.edu account may look a little different than what is presented on this blog.