Final exams can be filled with pressure, especially while you are waiting to hear about your college admission decision. We are bringing you our Top 15 List on how to prepare for the dreaded end-of-semester finals.
1. Alternate study spots. Change your location to avoid daydreaming or dozing off.
2. Study in chunks so you can retain more information. It smart to take a 15 minute break every once in a while to refuel and recharge.
3. Prevent test anxiety. This can be done by listening to calming music, taking deep breathes or picturing yourself acing the test.
4. Manager your time. Schedule your day out in advance and stick to the plan.
5. Don’t pull an all-nighter. People say this helps them study, but it is actually not good for the body or the memory.
6. Calculate your grades in each class to determine what score you’ll need to get the grade your hoping for in that class. However, don’t stress yourself out over your desired grade.
7. If the exam is open book, still study.
8. Eat a nutritious meal and drink water before taking the exam. It will keep you alert and focused throughout the testf.
9. Don’t drink too much caffeine.
10. Meet with teachers if you have any material you need help reviewing.
11. Exercise to help keep your energy up. This can help you power through the exam.
12. Create an environment conducive to studying. Ditch the loud music, TV playing in the background and, if at all possible, constant social media breaks.
13. Make it interesting by using memory aids or mnemonic devices.
14. Study during the day when you are most alert. If you study better in the evenings, then plan to study during that time.
15. Test yourself or have someone else test you to find out which areas you need more work in.
Good luck on your upcoming finals!