As a junior, you might feel like it’s time to start thinking about the college search process. If you’re in that mindset, congratulations, you’re already a step ahead! If you’re not, we can certainly help you get there. While we have a complete Plan for Success on the parent section of our website, below is a brief list to help get you started:
- Attend college fairs at your high school or in your community. View a complete list on www.butler.edu/visit. Don’t see your area or high school listed? Keep checking back for updates or contact your admission counselor.
- Talk to your guidance counselor about taking the SAT or ACT. You can also take the PSAT for an opportunity to qualify for the National Merit Scholarship Program.
- Now is a good time to take your extracurricular involvement to the next level. It’s important to have a strong résumé when applying to college.
- Speaking of résumés, this is a great time to begin working on yours. Start putting together a list of your accomplishments and involvements and update it as needed. While Butler does not require a résumé, we strongly recommend that you have one.
- Register with NCAA Clearinghouse if you plan to play Division I college athletics. You can find more information on their website at www.ncaa.org.
- Plan your senior year. It’s important to discuss your course schedule with your guidance counselor to ensure you meet the graduation requirements. We also suggest that you begin to think about Butler University’s admission requirements when filling out your senior schedule.
Still have questions about Butler University, but you’re not sure who to ask? Use our interactive map to find the admission counselor for your area.