So you’ve applied and are now waiting for your admission decision to be sent. While some might say filling out applications is the most grueling step in the process, I’d have to disagree. Waiting has to be, by far, the hardest part.
While you’re waiting for December 15 (that’s the day we’ll be mailing your admission decisions), there are plenty of things you can do to stay busy and keep your mind off of that fat envelope:
- If you haven’t been to campus yet, now is a great time to visit. Visiting can also serve as a great way for you to meet current students and really begin narrowing down your choices.
- Start researching your financial aid options. You can begin filing the FAFSA on January 1, but there’s no reason you can’t start filling it out now.
- Begin looking for outside scholarships. Sites such as Zinch, Cappex and scholarships.com are great ways to find extra cash to finance your college education.
- Stay connected. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for important announcements and exciting updates. Feel free to leave us a comment on our fan page or tweet us using #Butler2017.
Tagged: admission, admit, aid, application, apply, bulldogs, butler, decision, deny, deposit, envelope, fafsa, financial, green light, indiana, indianapolis, letter, loans, money, red light, registration, scholarsips, university, waitlist
Early New Student Registration is just around the corner. Are you starting to prepare? If you’ve selected the date in which you want to attend a registration, great! If not, here is a complete list of dates:
Early New Student Registration (Early Action Admits)
Friday, March 23
Friday, March 30
Friday, April 6
Friday, April 27
Saturday, April 28
New Student Registration (Regular Decision Admits)
Friday, May 18
Friday, June 1
Friday, June 8
Friday, June 15
There are a few important items you will want to be sure to take care of before arriving on campus for New Student Registration. First, you will want to take your placement exams. Before you begin taking those exams, please visit our Placement Exam FAQ’s page. Next, you’ll want to actually take the placement exams. All of the placement exam info can be found on our New Student Registration website. This specific page will give you information on what placement exams you need to take, when you need to take them by and how to actually take each test.
After completing your placement exams, you’ll want to start preparing for your academic advising session. What is an academic advising appointment? It’s an opportunity to meet one-on-one with a faculty member in the major you have declared. During the academic advising appointment, you will discuss your placement exam results, classes important to your major, the Core Curriculum, and potential electives. Together, you will craft a first semester class schedule that balances requirements with general courses of interest. Before you arrive on campus read through the Preparing for Advising and Advising FAQ’s page.
Of course, if you have any questions before you come to New Student Registration, please don’t hesitate to contact your admission counselor. We look forward to seeing you at Butler University in the fall!
Tagged: admit, advising, attend, bulldogs, butler, campus, class, college, deposit, exams, freshman, placement, registration, schedule, senior, university
What is the enrollment deposit?
Freshman students are required to pay a non-refundable enrollment deposit of $300 with their admission acceptance. The enrollment deposit is required in order to reserve a space in the Class of 2016. All admission deposits must be received or postmarked by May 1.
Submitting an Enrollment Deposit after May 1
An Enrollment Deposit postmarked after May 1 will be considered late. The University reserves the right to return your Enrollment Deposit based on space availability in the freshman class. If your deposit is received after May 1, you need to call your admission counselor to let them know.
How do I accept admission and pay the enrollment deposit?
1. Go to www.butler.edu/deposit.
2. Fill in the form and verify your information.
3. Then…pay the enrollment deposit via MasterCard, American Express, Discover, or electronic check. For timely processing, we strongly suggest you submit your admission acceptance and enrollment deposit online via my.butler.edu You will receive immediate confirmation that your acceptance and deposit have been accepted.
Complete the Enrollment Form and attach a check, credit card information or money order for $300 payable to Butler University. If you mail in the form, please allow at least 2 weeks from the date you mailed your Enrollment Form and enrollment deposit for our system to be updated.
By submitting your deposit by February 1 makes you eligible to:
- Be among the first to register for classes and get your ideal class schedule
- Submit housing and roommate preferences
- Join a Freshman Living-Learning Center