In our last post, we covered what it takes for your application to be considered complete. To recap, you need:
- High school transcripts
- Test scores (ACT or SAT with writing)
- Secondary School Report completed by your high school counselor
- Personal statement, essay (using one of the prompts on the application) or graded paper from one of your classes. Please pick one of the three, we do not have a preference of which you submit.
- Resume of activities, which includes extracurricular activities and leadership experience. This is not required.
- Letters of recommendation. These are not required.
We have a new student portal this year to assist you along the way! Not sure what you still need to turn in? The student portal will let you know. Here’s an overview of what the student portal can do for you:
- Log into the student portal.
Login Page of the Student Portal
- You can see green check marks next to what has been completed and red “X” marks next to what still needs to be submitted.
Home Screen of Student Portal
You can submit your materials-
Office of Admission
4600 Sunset Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46208
Tagged: act, activities, essay, gpa, grades, high school, materiails, missing items, paper, personal, portal, recommendation, resume, sat, scores, secondary school report, statement, submit, transcript, writing
They’re back…four of our bloggers from last year have returned along with two fresh new faces. Our bloggers hail from Missouri, Indiana, Ohio and Virginia. Several times a week, our six student bloggers will be sharing their experiences so that you can get a taste of what life at Butler University is really like. They each bring a unique perspective to help provide better insight into Butler University’s academic programs, student organization, residential life experiences and more!
In addition to these six student bloggers, Butler Blue 2 will be blogging about his adventures as the official mascot of Butler University. Born 3/27/2004, this 60 lb. English Bulldog is enjoying his 8th year as mascot of the Indy-based, 4,000 student, liberal arts institution. Assistant Director of Admission, Megan O’Rourke, will also be posting her thoughts and insights on the blog. Megan received her Bachelor of Arts in Journalism with a specialization in Public Relations and Advertising in 2006. She loved attending school at Butler so much that she decided to accept an admission counselor position and has been here ever since. Finally, we will be bringing you weekly updates, information and tips on our Admission blog. The Admission blog will feature important dates, helpful financial aid information and so much more.
Our bloggers provide first-hand accounts of their time at Butler and share their experiences, challenges and academic adventures through their words, photos and videos. Take a look and see for yourself…
Tagged: activities, blogger, blogs, butler, campus, english, life, major, state, students, university, write